shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for Lab created studs ~3 ct tw

mayo1209

Rough_Rock
I am looking for everyday / travel studs and have looked at Adiamor and Alex Park.
On Adiamor I filtered using gcal 8x and GIA as well. I see a lot of diamonds with “ growth remnants” that we obviously dont want.
The gcal 8 certificates don’t show crown and pavilion angles only percentages.

Am I doing something wrong? I also checked WF and BG diamonds with the same size, color and clarity are at least $1200 - $2000 more for a pair.

I am trying to maximize performance with value, what should I be ruling out/in?

Hey @mayo1209, good thinking filtering by GCAL 8X reports. As far as I’ve heard that’s one of the best filters to finding a “super ideal” cut diamond with superior light performance.

Growth remnants are an extremely common type of inclusion and nothing to worry about as long as the diamond is “eye clean”. But it depends on what level of clarity you choose. Usually VS2 and above will be guaranteed eye clean.

A GCAL 8x certificate should provide the crown and pavilion angles, and they shouldn’t be in percentages. Perhaps you are misinterpreting which numbers are which.

I’m just a beginner, so if you post the reports and media of the diamonds you are looking at, other experts on this forum will be able to take a look and give you their feedback.

Look for both angles and percentages in the lower right corner of the GCAL 8X certificate.

Not 8x but??????
Less than 1k for both at loose grown. ***Need to get expert input***

Last edited:
I like the cut on @joe2’s picks, but I’d want @Kim N to give the all clear on both cut and whether or not there’s blue nuance. Sometimes someone is simply wearing blue.

Sometimes someone is simply wearing blue.
That would be the case its environmental.
Im not at my pc to say none but its slight at most.
2nd is just slightly better cut.
Very very nice pair and at 1k for the pair... Way Kewl.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics