shape
carat
color
clarity

resizing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

huskeypm

Rough_Rock
Hi
I recently purchased a ring that might be a tad too large in diameter. It fits my fiance''s finger fine for part of the day, but its too loose that majority of the time. The jeweler suggested that beads of metal could be added to the band for less than $80. Does this change the appearance of the band much? Why should metal be added? It seems like removing a sliver in the band would suffice, but perhaps this is more labor intensive (and thus expensive). In the event that her finger increases in size due to pregnancy or other reasons, is it likely the ring would need to be resized yet again?

Thanks for your input
Pete

Sizing beads are a fairly normal option and no it doesn''t change the look, it''s just a bit of added metal inside the band. You can of course have the band resized too if you''d rather, but considering that it fits her finger fine for part of the day AND it''s winter, the sizing beads would let you go up only a smidge, which might be all you need.

That sounds reasonable. Just out of curiosity - we sized her finger prior to purchasing the ring, although with a different vendor. Since I would resize the ring through the vendor from which I purchased the ring and within a month of its purchase, does it seem reasonable that $80 would be charged for the transaction? I''m new to the etiquette involved.

thanks!

Date: 11/30/2008 7:28:14 PM
Author: huskeypm
That sounds reasonable. Just out of curiosity - we sized her finger prior to purchasing the ring, although with a different vendor. Since I would resize the ring through the vendor from which I purchased the ring and within a month of its purchase, does it seem reasonable that $80 would be charged for the transaction? I''m new to the etiquette involved.

thanks!

It seems reasonable considering it was not their mistake. Might also just be due to the season. Fingers swell in the summer and shrink in the winter.

Hi Huskey,

I also had to downsize my FI ring by a half size after the proposal. GOG offered to do it for free, but the shipping cost + insurance would have been alot. I ended up finding a local vendor to do the resize for 70 dollars. (southern california)

Keep in mind, that the cost may be higher and lower depending on the type of band that needs work and also which metal is involved.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP