shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Billiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kappa

Rough_Rock
Diamond Information: Diamond Proportions:

Certificate: EGL
Shape: Round
Cut: Select Ideal™
Carat: 1.35
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Regular Price: $7263
Wire Transfer Price: $7051

Measurements: 7.15-7.11-4.33
Depth Percentage: 60.7 %
Table Percentage: 57 %
Girdle: M
Culet: None (Pointed)
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None (Inert)
Special Notes

We have been looking at round brilliants. I have found that most 1.2-1.3 are about $8000. I found this today and everything seems great. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 10:40:18 AM
Author:kappa

Diamond Information: Diamond Proportions:

Certificate: EGL
Shape: Round
Cut: Select Ideal™
Carat: 1.35
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Regular Price: $7263
Wire Transfer Price: $7051

Measurements: 7.15-7.11-4.33
Depth Percentage: 60.7 %
Table Percentage: 57 %
Girdle: M
Culet: None (Pointed)
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None (Inert)
Special Notes

We have been looking at round brilliants. I have found that most 1.2-1.3 are about $8000. I found this today and everything seems great. Am I missing something?

Thank you!
Hi Kappa,

EGL graded diamonds are usually less expensive than GIA/ AGS if that is what you are comparing it to. Also which branch of EGL did the grading, do you know if it was EGL USA, Israel or other? It is said that EGL USA is the most reliable of the EGL labs for grading, the others may be less strict. Also we need the crown and pavilion percentages to be able to get an idea of the cut of this diamond, if you could provide those please. Have you seen the diamond in person? Also who has labelled this diamond a Select Ideal cut?

kappa

Rough_Rock
The certificate said EGL international. and it is from union diamond. i have not seen it in person.

We were pretty much set on a D color SI2 H&A 1.2 round for $7900 that we found here in naperville. I was just checking to make sure that we were getting a good price and came across this one. The only thing that worries me about the one we saw in Naperville is the clarity rating. also, the salesman said that hearts and arrows means the same thing as ideal cut. are all H&A ideal cut? i thought i read somewhere on here that H&A did not necessarily mean ideal cut.

My boyfriend just does not feel comfortable getting such an expensive item online.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 11:49:12 AM
Author: kappa
The certificate said EGL international. and it is from union diamond. i have not seen it in person.

We were pretty much set on a D color SI2 H&A 1.2 round for $7900 that we found here in naperville. I was just checking to make sure that we were getting a good price and came across this one. The only thing that worries me about the one we saw in Naperville is the clarity rating. also, the salesman said that hearts and arrows means the same thing as ideal cut. are all H&A ideal cut? i thought i read somewhere on here that H&A did not necessarily mean ideal cut.

My boyfriend just does not feel comfortable getting such an expensive item online.
Absolutely! Hearts and arrows does NOT mean the same thing as an ideal cut!!! The salesman unfortunately does not seem to know what he is talking about.

Also no problem about preferring to buy in a store, like I said in an earlier thread it is important for us who offer advice here to remember and respect the fact that not everyone wants to buy online. What I would do if you really like this diamond in the store - if it also has an EGL report- and you don't want to look for another with a GIA or AGS grading report, is to make the sale final on this diamond checking out to your satisfaction with an independant appraisal. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in the Illinois area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

kappa

Rough_Rock
So if union diamond says something is ideal cut, is that considered enough information?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 12:01:12 PM
So if union diamond says something is ideal cut, is that considered enough information?
No. Vendor applied labels such as Ideal Cut, Premium Cut etc are no guarantee of a well cut diamond. In order to judge cut quality you need to evaluate each diamond on its own physical proportions ( depth, table, angles etc) and desirable visual properties by using Idealscope images and trusted vendor advice.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 12:01:12 PM

No...they can call anything they want ideal cut...and many vendors do unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results