shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Briliant Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Onemax

Rough_Rock

I would like to thank everyone on the forum for their thoughts an oppinions on my quest for a diamond for an engagement ring.

I have one more that I would like your thoughts on, specifically the Twinning Wisps.

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.43 - 7.46 x 4.56 mm
Carat Weight: 1.55 carat
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 61.2%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 55%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Comments: Additional twinning wisps are not shown.Surface graining is not shown.

Below is the GIA Cert.

Thanks so much!

1.55 GIA $6641.jpg

Hi Onemax
35.gif

Remarks in the comments section such as twinning wisps not shown are mentioned for the sake of completeness as they are too insignificant to plot, so not an issue - but check concerning the grade making twinning wisps and whether the diamond is eyeclean or not to your standards. Can you get an Idealscope image for this diamond?

I would ask the vendor if the diamond is eyeclean. Assuming it is, it should be fine...but you might want to confirm with the vendor as those must be some serious feathers/wisps (can't tell because of the poor image quality) (the plotted ones) if it was the clarity making thing for an SI2. And anything not plotted on the report usually isn't significant.

Otherwise it looks like a nice choice!

Yes, check with the vendor for eye cleanliness. Twinning wisps can be low or high relief depending on what they're composed of--twinning wisps are a series of inclusions like pinpoints, clouds, and crystals. I'm guessing that the ones that are plotted have a fair amount of relief, but still may not be eye visible. The plot shows 3 large ones that cross into the table area--that's where you might see them with the naked eye--the crown area not so much.

The vendor said that he guarentee''s this is an Eyeclean stone and that the twinning wisps cannot be seen with the naked eye. I am ordeing it today and will post pictures as soon as I recieve it.

Unfortunately I can''t get an ideal scope. Is there anyone I can go to to have one done? Preferrable in the Toronto Area?

Also should I worry about the Medium Blue Floresence on a "G" colour stone?

Thanks again!

Date: 11/27/2008 11:06:15 AM
Author: Onemax
Also should I worry about the Medium Blue Floresence on a ''G'' colour stone?

Thanks again!

No, you''ll never notice it.

Thanks!

Great thanks so much! I love this site!

I can''t wait to receive the diamond. I hope it is as nice as the numbers suggest!

Will post pictures one I get them!

Make sure you give the stone a really good look in different lights before you finalise the sale, just to be sure that the stone is eyeclean to your standards.

Then, come back here and post pics!!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP