shape
carat
color
clarity

Sako-sourced Late Victorian"Buttercup" ring hand-engraved "1889 Paris" *FEELERS*

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
I purchased this ring fro Sako in April 2022 and still have the original invoice for $3500.

It is a Late Victorian Era Platinum "buttercup" setting with an 18k yellow-gold shank with a GIA certified 0.84ct N/VS2 OMC natural antique diamond.

In the original IG post, Sako pointed out that platinum was first used in jewelry during the late Victorian Era (1870+)

The hand engraving "1889 Paris" on the inner shank suggests this was one of the earlier uses of a platinum collet used by French jewelers during that Era.

The diamond is a straight-up performer with a prominent kozibe effect. It appears much whiter than the color grade suggests and much larger than the stated weight, perhaps due to the illusion created by the collet.

It's super cute and very elegant. You can literally wear it with anything. I bought it because it's both a historically important piece and just utterly gorgeous.

Since the purchase, it was resized to a 5.5+ and lightly worn. It's totally sizable without loss of the original hallmarks.

We're just looking to downsize and generate a little cash, so I thought I'd put out feelers for anyone who might be interested.

It would be nice to get what I paid for it 2 years ago, but I'll entertain offers!

Kinda hate to part with it, but I'd feel good about seeing it go to a loving home!

It's listed on LoupeTroop Here: https://loupetroop.com/listings/rin...orian-buttercup-ring-hand-engraved-1889-paris

IMG_7539.jpeg IMG_7537.jpeg IMG_7540.jpeg IMG_7545.jpeg
IMG_7538.jpeg

Last edited:

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
@glitterata and @Dreamer_D you all were the ones who taught me about buttercup settings in my moonstone earring thread and inspired me to join the antique jewelry club! I love the lines of this ring and it would be my first OMC. No Paris proposal, sadly, but I do heart PS so much!

Fly to Paris, present it to yourself, ask yourself to be true to yourself forever, and say yes!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@glitterata and @Dreamer_D you all were the ones who taught me about buttercup settings in my moonstone earring thread and inspired me to join the antique jewelry club! I love the lines of this ring and it would be my first OMC. No Paris proposal, sadly, but I do heart PS so much!

Well this is a very auspicious first dip into the world of antique diamonds! Can’t wait to see it on your hand.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Fly to Paris, present it to yourself, ask yourself to be true to yourself forever, and say yes!
Ha! This may be some of the best advice on PS (and only partly kidding)! We all could use more tangible reminders to be true to ourselves <3

Well this is a very auspicious first dip into the world of antique diamonds! Can’t wait to see it on your hand.
Fingers crossed, it would be a very special first! But I would completely understand if Dr_Diesel decides to keep it. Thank you for the encouraging nudge to dip a toe; it turns out that was just what I needed. I felt an odd connection with this piece immediately when I saw it, so perhaps it was fate that I missed out on that antique pear!

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Ha! This may be some of the best advice on PS (and only partly kidding)! We all could use more tangible reminders to be true to ourselves <3

Fingers crossed, it would be a very special first! But I would completely understand if Dr_Diesel decides to keep it. Thank you for the encouraging nudge to dip a toe; it turns out that was just what I needed. I felt an odd connection with this piece immediately when I saw it, so perhaps it was fate that I missed out on that antique pear!

This is beautiful…watching this story unfold is so exciting!!!

Check your email ;-)

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
He said YES!!! (haha!)

Thank you @Dr_Diesel ! This piece feels like a dream come true and I can’t wait to meet this gorgeous nugget of history! I am so excited and so grateful to all of you for adding to the conceptual beauty of this OMC. Meaning is the most lustrous patina. @Dreamer_D , fate is happening!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results