shape
carat
color
clarity

Sanity check for 4.2 ct round brilliant E VVS2 GIA

kaielsu

Rough_Rock
Clueless first-time buyer of a loose stone. Found this one on loosegrowndiamonds and pulled the trigger, as it seemed to have proportions considered desirable according to my research. Holloway cut score 1.3, medium girdle. Loosegrowndiamonds claims it is HPHT but GIA report does not specify.
Price was $4.7K USD, so around $1.1K/ct. This seems on the high end for lab-grown currently, but what I want to know is whether people think the proportions/stats/GIA certification make it a reasonable deal?

Recommendations for first steps upon delivery are also welcome (e.g. find a jeweller to help verify GIA number on girdle, how to determine whether it is actually eye-clean). I have 7 days after receipt to return it if it is unsatisfactory.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That seems expensive for lab

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_1753.png
Here’s report from Stonealgo. It will be beautiful and by their opinion a high score cut. You are paying for high color and clarity. Not sure when these will come down in price. I’m waiting patiently lol Tried to put it into HCA calculator too but it could not find the number

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
It seems a little high, but this is GIA, not IGI, and that will raise the price a little. You might be able to hunt and find something a few hundred dollars cheaper, but I don't think you're going to find a GIA LGD of that size for $1000> cheaper. We're at the place where time is money.

If you hadn't purchased it yet, I might've seen if Adiamor had it for less. They seem to be undercutting LooseGrown lately. But that's in hindsight, and it might not have been by much anyway.

It seems like a really good stone to me. With that size, you don't want to go down too far in clarity.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m guessing it’s HPHT? The lower priced stones are CVD and have brown tinge.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results