shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB Sapphire Cluster/Halo Ring or Pendant

jenzgemz

Rough_Rock
Hello, we are looking for a sapphire cluster / halo style ring in yellow gold. The preference is for an oval center stone, 1+ carats. It's tricky right now with LT down, but we appreciate any pictures/prices you can share. Son has asked for help finding a preloved engagement ring, so you know we are on it! We've been scouring the web looking at vtg rings, he prefers a design that a straight wedding band can fit up against.

We would also consider a sapphire halo pendant that can be made into a ring.

Thank you!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
What is your son's budget? I'm sure we can help find something. Do you have photos of styles and shade of blue that he likes? I'm assuming it's a blue sapphire that you're after?

jenzgemz

Rough_Rock
What is your son's budget? I'm sure we can help find something. Do you have photos of styles and shade of blue that he likes? I'm assuming it's a blue sapphire that you're after?

Appreciate your reply - good points!

Blue sapphire is the preference, anything from light to medium, not a dark blue. Open to teal as well.
Pictures below show the overall style preference including a side profile that allows space for the wedding band. (Would like yellow gold)
He hopes to find something around $1200-$1800, but there is a little wiggle room.

Also open to finding a similar mounting and placing a new stone in it. Thank you!

image_123650291.JPG image_123650291 (1).JPG

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's quite hard to find something that fits exactly that - light to medium blue sapphire, yellow gold, able to have a wedding band sit flush.

Maybe he could browse through this Etsy shop and pick his sapphire and have a setting made. Rogerio and Andrea will work with any budget and made my first engagement ring. They can be contacted via Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/PristineGemstones?section_id=20285747

jenzgemz

Rough_Rock
I think it's quite hard to find something that fits exactly that - light to medium blue sapphire, yellow gold, able to have a wedding band sit flush.

Maybe he could browse through this Etsy shop and pick his sapphire and have a setting made. Rogerio and Andrea will work with any budget and made my first engagement ring. They can be contacted via Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/PristineGemstones?section_id=20285747

Thabks so much for the suggestion, that may be the most realistic way to go and allows customization. We've gone down the rabbit hole of Etsy and IG sellers now and have saved some favorite stones from Pristine, along with Sapphire Source, CrystakGemlk. Gems Verge and GemOcean (IG). I think between all of those choices we can find a good stone and either have it set by the vendor or work with DK. I might move the discussion the colored stones forum at this point Appreciate the time you took to reply!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Posting a couple of options for you and then some commentary. Yellow gold is going to be a limiting factor for pre owned. Most of the vintage will be from the 80s and 90s so not very sleek and contemporary. Plus most halos are going to be Diana style and in white metals.

This would be so, so stunning reset.
1720177149615.png

This will have a little window and will be lighter in tone but it's bigger and oval:
1720177282925.png

I

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Ok. My other suggestion is to go directly to Diamonds by Lauren and tell them your budget. They are excellent and David offered to reset one of the rings on the site for me with my preferred setting style. They have a couple sapphires in the $1k range and you could then see what could be done about the yellow gold setting. His eye is unparalleled and you’re going to get exactly what you want. Size will be a limiting factor for the sapphire, however.

Ivy and Rose would be another good choice but they don’t specialize in colored stones.

Edit: I also think you’re going to get a much better value if you go with DbL versus Instagram seller and then having it set by David Klass. Setting prices are pretty eye popping right now. I just paid $1600 for a plain halo from DK and I brought all the stones, diamonds included.

Dr_Diesel

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure if you've seen this or not, but there are quite a few halo settings here. Many are under $1k, but you'll still need to find a sapphire to mount.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also open to finding a similar mounting and placing a new stone in it. Thank you!

This is going to be difficult, but not impossible with ovals.
Here’s what I think you wil run into, and really it only matters how much your eye sees it and how much it bothers you. Well - your intended future DIL’s eye…..

IMG_5366.jpeg
The oval footprint of the stone doesn’t match up with the oval footprint of the setting, north, south, east, or west. Again - some might not be bothered, and that’s ok. But better to know beforehand.

Too bad it’s not a purple GIA sapphire 2ct+ platinum halo that might let a low band set close to flush, for 2k, that’s being looked for :lol:

Dr_Diesel

Brilliant_Rock
This is going to be difficult, but not impossible with ovals.
Here’s what I think you wil run into, and really it only matters how much your eye sees it and how much it bothers you. Well - your intended future DIL’s eye…..

IMG_5366.jpeg
The oval footprint of the stone doesn’t match up with the oval footprint of the setting, north, south, east, or west. Again - some might not be bothered, and that’s ok. But better to know beforehand.

Too bad it’s not a purple GIA sapphire 2ct+ platinum halo that might let a low band set close to flush, for 2k, that’s being looked for :lol:

Is that listed somewhere?

jenzgemz

Rough_Rock
That is a really pretty stone! Good find, I will show him. The stone would be pulled and reset in a custom setting. Appreciate everyone's ideas here!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, not sure if you have already found your dream piece. Would an antique sapphire ring in yellow gold but with a little bit cushiony shape yet be appealing? 17320.jpeg

Attachments

• 17569.jpeg
    17569.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 2
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results