shape
carat
color
clarity

sapphires for Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m still working on my hubby for the ering re-set (with side sapphire pears). We hope to have WF do that - just not sure how soon we''ll be able to swing it financially. But in the meantime, my second little project was finding some sapphire earrings for me for Christmas. We have looked EVERYWHERE locally for them and I couldn''t find what I wanted. They were all too dark, too opaque, had diamonds around them, or weren''t set like I wanted them. You wouldn''t think it would be that hard to find small bezel set sapphire studs, but it is. I found some stones to order and figured I''d just have my local jeweler set them for me. He''s very reasonable. But when I saw oobiecoo post her pretty diamond bezels from I.D. Jewelry, I gave them a call to ask if they could do the same thing with sapphires.

First, let me say how unbelievable Yekutiel is! He is amazing - fast, friendly, helpful. If this whole deal blows up now, I''ll still say they have the most incredible customer service! (But I know it won''t blow up...). I told him what I wanted, he said he''d send me email, and he did in less than 30 minutes. He found me the perfect color stones, in the perfect size and has the thin bezels to set them in. He sent photos of all of it and I told him YES! DO IT! I''ll attach photos of the stones for now. I''m guessing I''ll have these pretty quickly and will post photos ASAP. But I have to wait till Christmas to wear them...
emotion-39.gif

They''ll be .67 tcw, 5mm with the bezel, 14k white gold. I am SO excited. And by the way, Yekutiel knows how we PSers are - "very picky" but in a good way. Hee hee.

mysapphires.jpg

I meant .67 ctw, not "tcw"!

Very pretty blue!

Oooh Katie they are going to be gorgeous!

katie- those are going to be such cute earrings! i''ve been away from PS for a little while (things have been craaazy busy) but i dropped by today and saw your thread! i''ve been thinking about a pair of pink sapphire studs for xmas (in martini settings so i can wear ''em with my jackets)!
31.gif
can''t wait to see your ear shots!

They''re going to look nice with your sapphires-by-the-yard!

thanks Maisie. I can''t wait to see how they turn out!

sugar - call him! I bet he could find you some pink ones!

neverendingupgrade - thanks - I hope they''ll look nice with the necklace. How sweet of you to remember I got that!

Here is one of the stones sitting in the unpolished setting (looks rough now but will be all pretty and shiny...)

ksapphset.jpg

sorry for the huge photos!

pretty!! i''m lovin'' the thin bezel!

my earrings are on the FedEx truck for delivery as we speak!!!!

Yay! They''re going to be lovely. Merry blue Christmas to you!

Katiedid - they are perfect - the color - the dainty bezel - everything!!!!! I can''t wait to see them on your ears when they get off the truck!

I searched for a while for 6 mm studs in sapphire - it''s really hard to find that beautiful blue color you found. When i bought mine, i settled for a darker color and i don''t wear them much b/c they just aren''t blue enough
38.gif

Your set is good inspiration for a new project (some day) - congrats
36.gif

thanks mercoledi and violet3! I can''t wait to see how they turned out. Then I have to put them back in the box for hubby to wrap. boo hoo...
But I''ll try to get some decent photos of them before I turn them over!

I just hope I get home before the FedEx guy gets there. Otherwise, I won''t get them till Friday.

I just posted photos in SMTR. Take a look and let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP