shape
carat
color
clarity

Second thoughts about Tiffany ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I decided to bid on a Tiffany ring after seeing it discussed on this forum. LINK to thread

I am now having second thoughts because I don''t know anything about the cut. I already have a diamond that doesn''t sparkle as much as I would like, and I am worried this one won''t either.

What do you think of this ring for this price? LINK

Specs are:
1 Round Brilliant-Cut Diamond:
0.99ct
I Color
VS1 Clarity
in a classic knife-edge Tiffany band
Price: $4,521.00

Would you be happy with this or would you want an excellent (ideal?) cut?

I have been pouring over this forum for the last week or so but I am really overwhelmed by all of the information here.
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The second link doesn''t work....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it's over, so did you buy it?

Tiffany diamonds are well cut, even if they aren't the superideals that many of us here love. And Signed Pieces is a very reputable vendor.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess I can''t edit my post. Here is the auction link.

I did win it, but now I am wondering if I should go through with the purchase. I don''t want to be unfair to the vendor, but I''m having a hard time deciding what to do. If I complete the purchase and end up returning it I am wasting their time and money (shipping costs). If I don''t complete the purchase I have still wasted their time and hopefully they could still sell the stone. I am feeling really guilty right now but I also want to make sure I buy something I will be happy with. I wish I knew the cut specs. I don''t care about the setting too much; I''m more interested in the diamond.

Feel free to bash me if you must, but I would really love people''s opinion on the cut issue. After reading this forum the last few days I gather that it is rather important.
15.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 10:02:45 PM
Author: kindred
I guess I can''t edit my post. Here is the auction link.

I did win it, but now I am wondering if I should go through with the purchase. I don''t want to be unfair to the vendor, but I''m having a hard time deciding what to do. If I complete the purchase and end up returning it I am wasting their time and money (shipping costs). If I don''t complete the purchase I have still wasted their time and hopefully they could still sell the stone. I am feeling really guilty right now but I also want to make sure I buy something I will be happy with. I wish I knew the cut specs. I don''t care about the setting too much; I''m more interested in the diamond.

Feel free to bash me if you must, but I would really love people''s opinion on the cut issue. After reading this forum the last few days I gather that it is rather important.
15.gif

As I said before, Tiffany''s isn''t known for their superideal stones. But they are known for beautiful stones, so I doubt it is a dog.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The seller is reputable and seeing the number of bids, I am sure they won't have a problem with reselling. They will file a non-paying buyer complaint or a mutual withdrawal. The ring will then be offered to the next highest bidder which is only $21 less than you.

You mentioned that you don't care about the setting but you care about a diamond. In my opinion, when you buy a Tiffany ring you are buying it for the brand. If the setting and the brand means nothing to you, you can probably find a better quality diamond. The price is good for a reasonably well cut I/VS1 approximately 1 ct with a setting. You aren't going to get a completely crap stone from Tiffany. There are much better but also much worse. You also aren't getting ripped off or paying a huge premium for the brand. However, it is a "used" ring.

i should note that I love H&A. I don't think this diamond is H&A based on the photo.

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
You bid on it, you bought it. You shouldnt back out as it is not fair to the seller. As a seller on ebay, I hate it when buyers back out after they've thought things through. If you were unsure, then retract the bid prior to the end of the auction.

Sorry to be harsh, but fair is fair.

No worries though, I think that you got the better end of the deal. I was working on a deal where the TiffanyCo classic ering like the one you won was only a .82ct and it was for 5400$. Yours is a much better deal and I would have no issues going through with it.

Seriously, that ring is nearly 13K retail right now. What else do you have to think about??

It may not be as ideally cut as my ACA, but come on... I'm sure you're not going to go around with an idealscope and show it off to everybody.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
The seller offers a 30 day money back guarantee. I wouldn''t back out of the sale, it''s just not fair to the seller, who has to pay the fees, whether you complete your transaction or not. If nothing else, get it and see what you think. The price seems very good to me for an authentic Tiffany, and they don''t sell junk, so it''s probably a very nice diamond. If you don''t like it, you can send it back, be out of shipping costs, but at least you would KNOW it''s not for you, and it''s fair to both you and the seller. JMHO.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signed Pieces is a very reputable vendor with a good return policy. I don''t know any other way to judge this ring but to go through with the deal and see it for yourself. If you don''t like it, I''m sure they would refund your money or try to find a suitable replacement.

As has been said before, Tiffany''s isn''t known for their super ideal stones but certainly have beautiful rings. Deciding on which you wanted would have had to be something you decided before you started bidding. The good news is that Tiffany''s rings clearly have a good resale value whether through a vendor like this or ebay.

There was something that made you want to bid on an original Tiffany''s ring. Take a look - it''s probably very beautiful!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I wanted a Tiffany ring, signedpieces is absolutely the way I would go. I bet the ring is gorgeous. They are the only vendor that sells on ebay that I would trust to buy from. Plus, you''re getting the real deal setting which I personally adore. If you really have changed your mind, talk to Signed Pieces and let them know. YOu can probably work your way out of it without just being a non-paying bidder.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely get it sent out to you. It''s probably beautiful. Why don''t you email them about the cut or get the angles etc and pop it into the HCA.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results