shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for my OEC

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! The OEC David Klass had cut for me is here. This project has been a long-time in the making after my original engagement ring went missing 3 years ago. I'd really appreciate this community's help with the CAD process. Here are some of the inspiration pics I sent DK.
Screenshot_20240617_212617_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240618_162721_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_162721_Chrome.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240712_222456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712_222456_Chrome.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 19

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! The OEC David Klass had cut for me is here. This project has been a long-time in the making after my original engagement ring went missing 3 years ago. I'd really appreciate this community's help with the CAD process. Here are some of the inspiration pics I sent DK.
Screenshot_20240617_212617_Instagram.jpg

Ooo I like the inspo! The 3 "rows" of side stones that get smaller are super appealing to me. Very art deco

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Here is the CAD I got from him. Think he misunderstood that I wanted to duplicate a design. I am thinking I want a mix of these designs. DK 105141-QUAD-2.png

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Ooo I like the inspo! The 3 "rows" of side stones that get smaller are super appealing to me. Very art deco

I LOVE art deco design. It calls to me so much! I'm also a tad girlie though so I want to soften it up a bit.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
These are the elements I like which I've marked in purple. I love the sharp double claws in this design. And I definitely do not want a bezel. 1000015233.jpg

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I like the rounded edges in this design. Unsure if that will be possible as the diamonds in mine will be french cuts. Screenshot_20240618_162726_Chrome.jpg

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I like the row of just 2 French cuts next to the center stone. Followed by a row of French cuts going down half way down the band. Screenshot_20240613_214108_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240715_204801_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240715_204801_Instagram.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 5

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I'm not entirely sure how to convey all of this to DK. I also want the ring to sit as low to my finger as possible. I have littles and want to avoid scratching them. I'm sure there are also other considerations like the proportions of the two French cuts next to the center stone and their size? And the size of the other French cuts that will be needed for the band.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Annotated images are best for communicating about design I have learned. For example, here is something I made in PowerPoint for communicating my design preferences to Yvonne when we were making my ring. In this case I edited a previous CAD to show what I wanted. You can do something similar with the images and comments you posted here.

IMG_3335.jpeg

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Am I right in this pic? This is how I usually communicate to dk (pics w annotations).

Screenshot_20240720_171933_Chrome.jpg

Yes!! That's it. :) Do you think it would work for there to be a single French cut that is a tad larger than all the others going down the shank?

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Annotated images are best for communicating about design I have learned. For example, here is something I made in PowerPoint for communicating my design preferences to Yvonne when we were making my ring. In this case I edited a previous CAD to show what I wanted. You can do something similar with the images and comments you posted here.

4 IMG_3335.jpeg

This is great!! Thank you also for the reminder for the sides to taper down! Had forgotten about that.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes!! That's it. :) Do you think it would work for there to be a single French cut that is a tad larger than all the others going down the shank?

When I have ideas like that I try to find a ring that has a similar element so I know it looks good and I can give it as an example to the jeweler. Have you seen many rings like that?

I’d rather have more and bigger side stones so I can see them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah, especially if it's kind of bezeled by itself (like the inspo pics). It will look separate that way

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
When I have ideas like that I try to find a ring that has a similar element so I know it looks good and I can give it as an example to the jeweler. Have you seen many rings like that?

I’d rather have more and bigger side stones so I can see them.

I'm not sure that I have. I think I will just keep things simple and stick to two French cuts and then the line of them down the shank. Do I need to give DK info on how large I want the two main frech cuts? Not entirely sure of what is proportionate to the center stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure that I have. I think I will just keep things simple and stick to two French cuts and then the line of them down the shank. Do I need to give DK info on how large I want the two main frech cuts? Not entirely sure of what is proportionate to the center stone.

That’s where examples help.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I realized I posted the pictures of the new CAD in the wrong post. Would love some help from the experts. ❤️

Attachments

• DK 105141-QUAD-3.jpg
    DK 105141-QUAD-3.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 28

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Here are my thoughts:
The updated CAD is here!!! Calling @lovedogs and @Dreamer_D and anyone else open to proving support with CAD's! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!!! Can the experts please help me look at it. I am debating some delicate milgrain. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

Is there anything that seems off in the CAD? I did ask for the metal around the two side french cuts to be made more round and less sharp. Don't think that's reflected. Is this as low as this ring can go? I wanted it to be set low. Any other design recommendations?

Do the pair of French Cuts next to the center diamond look proportionate? Should they be bigger Ha ha!!

How thick should the band be on the ring? I was hoping for something thinner. Is 2.03 considered thin or thick? I'm also debating having the band be yellow gold and the basket and top platinum.

Diamonds n Dirt

Rough_Rock
Love the design! Yes to adding milgrain. I think it will add to the vintage feel.

I love how vintage settings are personalized so I had our initials put on each side and our wedding date on the inside of the band. You can’t see the initials when I wear it but I love knowing they are there.

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpeg
    IMG_0201.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Diamonds n Dirt

Rough_Rock
I love platinum….I love the weight of it and how it ages! Having the basket in platinum I understand but not sure what you mean by “top platinum “

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Love the design! Yes to adding milgrain. I think it will add to the vintage feel.

I love how vintage settings are personalized so I had our initials put on each side and our wedding date on the inside of the band. You can’t see the initials when I wear it but I love knowing they are there.

I love the initials idea! Do you know if there are different types of milgrain? I would want something dainty. I'm leaning towards milgrain for sure.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I love platinum….I love the weight of it and how it ages! Having the basket in platinum I understand but not sure what you mean by “top platinum “

I guess I just meant the basket. But I've made a decision. All platinum!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
David sent me an updated CAD where he rounded out the corners surrounding the french cuts.

Attachments

• DK 105141-QUAD-4.JPG
    DK 105141-QUAD-4.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 20
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results