shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting my grandmothers’ stones

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock
I have a round diamond (poorly cut from the early 50s but extremely sentimental) and a trillion ruby (or garnet? Local jewelers thought ruby but just based on a photo) from each of my late grandmothers' wedding/engagement rings. Both are around 5mm.

I was thinking of doing a toi et moi necklace or the bezeled style also pictured, but l'm also open to other necklace or bracelet ideas. I'm not interested in haloing or layering anything. I like simple, classic jewelry.

Can anyone recommend a US jeweler who can set these stones into either style for a reasonable price? The one estimate I received seemed extremely high. IMG_1154.jpeg

Frenchieglitter

Shiny_Rock
Love the toi et moi option! I hope you find a jewler to do it and share the final piece, I bet it'll be beautiful! A toi et moi pendant is on my list too, I want diamond and emerald (my birthstone and DH's)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a round diamond (poorly cut from the early 50s but extremely sentimental) and a trillion ruby (or garnet? Local jewelers thought ruby but just based on a photo) from each of my late grandmothers' wedding/engagement rings. Both are around 5mm.

I was thinking of doing a toi et moi necklace or the bezeled style also pictured, but l'm also open to other necklace or bracelet ideas. I'm not interested in haloing or layering anything. I like simple, classic jewelry.

Can anyone recommend a US jeweler who can set these stones into either style for a reasonable price? The one estimate I received seemed extremely high. IMG_1154.jpeg

i love this idea
i love grandma and grandma inspired jewellery
and i agree, no halo
very much looking forward to what you end up with
good luck and have fun 8-)

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock
This is such a simple job I would just shop around locally myself.

I recently got a local quote for setting a diamond solitaire into a pendant and chain and it was crazy high. And I think that is really the only reputable bench locally.

I recently got a local quote for setting a diamond solitaire into a pendant and chain and it was crazy high. And I think that is really the only reputable bench locally.

Could be the area you live in... some places just have such a high cost for "luxury" services. The thing is, I think any custom jeweler we send you to here on PS will likely meet or exceed those costs. That being said, as @Ibrakeforpossums mentioned, I would say DK might be your best bet. Most of us find him to be very reasonable. But he's not going to be "cheap," per se. Reach out to him, explain the project, and ask for a quote. Best of luck!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I think there are some setters on Etsy who might be cheaper. I hesitate to recommend anyone in particular as I haven’t had anything set in ages and quality may have shifted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results