shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Pear Diamond in a DBTY Necklace?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

I am looking to re-set my original pear cut engagement ring diamond into a DBTY style pendant.

It’s a beautiful, perfect & sparkly stone, at 1.02ct, D, VS1.

Do I set it traditionally with the chain threaded through the top of the pointy end of the bezel, or do I set it E-W with the chain hidden across the side length? I’m leaning towards E-W to be a little different & put my personal stamp on it, but will it date badly with time? Thoughts? Pictures if you own a similar pendant?

Here is a picture of the ring, which languishes in my jewellery box.

IMG_3269.jpeg

Hello all!

I am looking to re-set my original pear cut engagement ring diamond into a DBTY style pendant.

It’s a beautiful, perfect & sparkly stone, at 1.02ct, D, VS1.

Do I set it traditionally with the chain threaded through the top of the pointy end of the bezel, or do I set it E-W with the chain hidden across the side length? I’m leaning towards E-W to be a little different & put my personal stamp on it, but will it date badly with time? Thoughts? Pictures if you own a similar pendant?

Here is a picture of the ring, which languishes in my jewellery box.

IMG_3269.jpeg

This will be so pretty! I think your jeweler can set the stone in such a way that you can wear it either way-then you can change it according to your mood.

You say you want DBTY so you want the stone fixed on the chain like this?
1728830123035.png

But you also say "threaded" which to me means not fixed. Are you up for either depending on what inspirations you find?

You say you want DBTY so you want the stone fixed on the chain like this?
1728830123035.png

But you also say "threaded" which to me means not fixed. Are you up for either depending on what inspirations you find?

Sorry I wasn’t clear - I want it threaded on the chain so that it floats, rather than a fixed Tiffany style. My pendant tends to be a piece I only remove to clean (along with studs) so it would need to be ‘free’ otherwise it could very well spend it’s life at the nape of my neck :lol-2:

@lulu_ma makes a very good point at having the jeweller make the bezel openings at the sides versatile, so that I can change the orientation. Very clever!

I have a marquise lab diamond pendant that was made so I would wear it east/west or lengthwise. It’s nice to have options.

I have always liked pear diamonds set this way in a necklace.
IMG_6760.jpeg

I have a marquise lab diamond pendant that was made so I would wear it east/west or lengthwise. It’s nice to have options.

Do you have photos of the back? I'm curious to see how the formed it so that the pieces sits right both ways. Thanks.

I have always liked pear diamonds set this way in a necklace.
IMG_6760.jpeg

This is a completely new orientation to me & i absolutely LOVE it!

Do you have photos of the back? I'm curious to see how the formed it so that the pieces sits right both ways. Thanks.

This is probably more ornate than the direction you were considering but the concept is the same. The back of this David Klass custom pendant is just as pretty as the front. We removed some of the petals so a chain could fit through one on top or 3 on the side so I could wear it in 2 different orientations.

IMG_6551.jpegIMG_6550.jpegIMG_6553.jpegIMG_6553.jpeg

This is probably more ornate than the direction you were considering but the concept is the same. The back of this David Klass custom pendant is just as pretty as the front. We removed some of the petals so a chain could fit through one on top or 3 on the side so I could wear it in 2 different orientations.

IMG_6551.jpegIMG_6550.jpegIMG_6553.jpegIMG_6553.jpeg

Clever AND stunning! Both ways give a completely different look! Do you change it around much, or do you have a preferred way of wearing it? DK is so clever & his engraving is top notch.

Clever AND stunning! Both ways give a completely different look! Do you change it around much, or do you have a preferred way of wearing it? DK is so clever & his engraving is top notch.

The original design was definitely all DK and the craftsmanship is a true work of art. I believe I saw the pendant here on PS and will try to find the original post. I know it’s on DK’s Instagram page.

I will only take credit for the design revision for orientation options. I couldn’t make up my mind then thought to myself, why choose? We removed 4 petals from the back of it so it can be worn either way.

I find myself wanting to wear it lengthwise but feel it’s more unique wearing it east/west. I already have another pendant (in my avatar) that is designed to only wear lengthwise. The orientation gives me the option to shorten where it sits on my neck to compliment different blouses and shirts.

The original design was definitely all DK and the craftsmanship is a true work of art. I believe I saw the pendant here on PS and will try to find the original post. I know it’s on DK’s Instagram page.

I will only take credit for the design revision for orientation options. I couldn’t make up my mind then thought to myself, why choose? We removed 4 petals from the back of it so it can be worn either way.

I find myself wanting to wear it lengthwise but feel it’s more unique wearing it east/west. I already have another pendant (in my avatar) that is designed to only wear lengthwise. The orientation gives me the option to shorten where it sits on my neck to compliment different blouses and shirts.

I love it E-W. It’s strikingly unique :kiss2:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP