shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting to emphasize RB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
So I am considering settings for a major upgrade to my ering. I am blessed to be considering a RB around 3.5 cts and want to choose a setting that will emphasize my new rock. I tend toward classic settings and my favorite, at least in pictures, is something like the Tiffany Novo (just the side stones and the shape of the setting, not the center stone). Rather than pave, I am leaning toward small, round side stones, maybe prong set in a fairly narrow band.

Do you guys think this is a good setting to highlight my RB? Are there any general guidelines for what maximizes the center stone? BTW, my ring size is about a 6.5 or 7.

Thanks, in advance, for you advice and for all of the good info on this forum-it''s really an incredible resource.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

:)

Brilliant_Rock
6 prong soft knife edge...
18.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I would go with a simple Leon or something equally classic. With a rock that size, it aint needing any help
2.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreed. That is a huge stone, it don''t need any help at all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2008 11:44:15 PM
Author:Gayletmom
So I am considering settings for a major upgrade to my ering. I am blessed to be considering a RB around 3.5 cts and want to choose a setting that will emphasize my new rock. I tend toward classic settings and my favorite, at least in pictures, is something like the Tiffany Novo (just the side stones and the shape of the setting, not the center stone). Rather than pave, I am leaning toward small, round side stones, maybe prong set in a fairly narrow band.

Do you guys think this is a good setting to highlight my RB? Are there any general guidelines for what maximizes the center stone? BTW, my ring size is about a 6.5 or 7.

Thanks, in advance, for you advice and for all of the good info on this forum-it''s really an incredible resource.
Hi Gayle!

It is purely a personal preference, a rock of that size can easily take side stones or whatever else you want to do with it! If I was resetting mine which is a similar size, then I would consider something like Kristy''s solitaire with pear sides, here is the link so you can see it as another option for you.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kristydarlings-3-stone-by-leon-mege.44363/

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2008 5:42:14 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hi Gayle!

It is purely a personal preference, a rock of that size can easily take side stones or whatever else you want to do with it! If I was resetting mine which is a similar size, then I would consider something like Kristy''s solitaire with pear sides, here is the link so you can see it as another option for you.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kristydarlings-3-stone-by-leon-mege.44363/
Not to threadjack Lorelei, but have we seen this beauty? Just did a quick search and didn''t come up with anything. Would LOVE to see your rock!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2008 6:30:24 AM
Author: MissGotRocks

Hi Gayle!

Not to threadjack Lorelei, but have we seen this beauty? Just did a quick search and didn''t come up with anything. Would LOVE to see your rock!
I still haven''t posted it MGR, I must get around to doing so! She is preety...!!!
31.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2008 6:36:40 AM

Date: 12/4/2008 6:30:24 AM
Author: MissGotRocks

Thanks, in advance, for you advice and for all of the good info on this forum-it's really an incredible resource.
Hi Gayle!

It is purely a personal preference, a rock of that size can easily take side stones or whatever else you want to do with it! If I was resetting mine which is a similar size, then I would consider something like Kristy's solitaire with pear sides, here is the link so you can see it as another option for you.

Not to threadjack Lorelei, but have we seen this beauty? Just did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. Would LOVE to see your rock!
I still haven't posted it MGR, I must get around to doing so! She is preety...!!!
31.gif
I'll bet she is. . . we need to see pictures - and it certainly deserves its own thread! Today would be just fine!
11.gif

OK, if you're busy today, we'll take some info on that puppy! I'm sure it is just gorgeous!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. We are all thinking along the same lines. One more question: when I see all of these in person, will the differences in the side stone settings be more apparent? For example, will I be able to distinguish a fishtail pave from a different pave? Sometimes it''s hard to see the details in the photos.

espdenver

Rough_Rock
I really like the henri daussi settings. They have some amazing settings. Check them out.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 8:48:22 AM
Author: Gayletmom
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. We are all thinking along the same lines. One more question: when I see all of these in person, will the differences in the side stone settings be more apparent? For example, will I be able to distinguish a fishtail pave from a different pave? Sometimes it''s hard to see the details in the photos.

I think so. They look pretty different in person. Just look at how the metal is holding the stones in and the side profile view. It''ll give you a pretty good idea.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
That''s what I was guessing. Not to mention that the process of looking at all of these different setting sure is fun!

I took a look at the Henri Daussi rings-what beauties. I love all of these small designers. Today I found Amy Levine which is now M. Geller (maybe old news to some of you) and she has these unique 3 ring stacking bands that are really cool. Love that kind of thing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a stone that large, I really like the simple elegance of a plain solitaire the best. Then wear a diamond wedding band with it. Here is Harriet''s 3.6 ct diamond set in a Leon Mege setting:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-re-set.68776/page-6 (scroll down the page for several pictures..the pro picture is on the first page of the thread)

I do think Lynn''s rings are gorgeous, too!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think you should pick a setting you love and let that baby shine. It will look huge no matter what
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results