shape
carat
color
clarity

Shaped Bezel On Princess Diamond?

FloatLikeABimbo

Rough_Rock
I have a 1.5ct princess diamond.

I'm hoping to have it reset with a hexagonal bezel that looks more like an asscher shape bezel, ( with the corners cut at 45 degree angle instead of a hard right angle corner.) To allow room for this I have suggested a double bezel, so there is extra thickness there to have space for the princess corner. I'm open to a bezel and prong combo too. But a local jeweller has told me it cant be done. I have seen many examples online of princess stones with bezels which are not strictly 'square', e.g. rounded corners etc. so I feel there must be a way to achieve this look?
(I have mocked up my idea, below)
d670a46ddcd9f99373695cbc2ac35b4f.jpg

Alternatively, could a 'halo' be adapted to give this look? There are so many princess stones with a "cut-corner" pave halo - could this method be adapted so that the 'halo' is just gold and would give the shape and effect that I'm looking for?
Capture10.JPG

Many thanks in advance, any insights are much appreciated.

If you reach out to David Klass, he would be able to help you make your vision a reality and his prices are very reasonable. I love the look of your mock up - hope you’re able to get exactly what you’re dreaming up!

If you reach out to David Klass, he would be able to help you make your vision a reality and his prices are very reasonable. I love the look of your mock up - hope you’re able to get exactly what you’re dreaming up!

It's absolutely doable. Contact David Klass. He can 100% do this

Jumping in to say I love the octagon look.

Thank you guys so much for your responses - I just knew this was doable, so delighted to have confirmation from people more knowledgeable than myself!

I will get straight on to David Klass!

If I end up going with a more local jeweller (I'm in Europe), any tips on what I should be asking for (so that I don't get told it can't be done :roll:)?

thanks again

If I end up going with a more local jeweller (I'm in Europe), any tips on what I should be asking for (so that I don't get told it can't be done :roll:)?

thanks again

Did you show the jeweler who said it can't be done the photo with the yellow gold bezel? It would seem to me any jeweler who does custom work should be able to do this for you (but I don't make jewelry). I would take the photo to a different jeweler who does custom work, along with your diamond, and ask if they can do it, and if they say yes, ask for a CAD, then post it here so folks can look at it. I don't know what else you could tell a jeweler, as to me, the photo describes what you want.

Omg I was having the same issue! I wanted a silhouette of straight sides and clipped corners similar to a radiant or emerald but have an elongated cushion inside the bezel. I was told it wasn’t possible by multiple jewelers until I reached out to David Klass. Literally within 24 hours of emailing him he sent me a CAD with pretty much the exact ring I wanted.

I also wanted to add decorative prongs to the center stone (the bezel is still what’s securing it) and I wanted it flanked by two Cadillacs with more parallel sides. He said he could have them custom cut for me and my original jeweler who at first said they could custom cut them later said actually that isn’t possible even though I showed examples that it had been done. Anyhoo, it’s been a headache but DK has honestly been amazing to work with! Did you end up getting your design made? I would love to see photos!

Here is the drawing I sent to DK and the CAD he sent me IMG_2736.jpegIMG_2690.jpeg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP