carat
color
clarity

Should i take the risk.?

Deengee

Rough_Rock
Trade
hi all..
I ve been offered a "Kashmir Sapphire".. It has a long horizontal inclusion on top of it.. It doesnt have certificate come with it.. I know to see one is already a bless due to it rarity.. What more to get it with a cheap price.. I know it is very hard to tell a gemstone from photos.. But you can just throw opinion or whatever you wanna say here.. Should i buy it or not.? View attachment 974013

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.
Unless you have a reputable lab report stating it is Kashmir, it probably isn’t.
Sapphires from any origin are valued by colour, clarity, cut and treatment levels.
The sapphire in the photo is almost opaque, poorly cut and again without a reputable lab report you don’t know if it has been heated and/or beryllium treated.
Even if determined by a reputable lab to be of Kashmir origin it nevertheless is a lower quality sapphire and is likely to be of little appeal to most buyers.

Deengee

Rough_Rock
Trade
No.
Unless you have a reputable lab report stating it is Kashmir, it probably isn’t.
Sapphires from any origin are valued by colour, clarity, cut and treatment levels.
The sapphire in the photo is almost opaque, poorly cut and again without a reputable lab report you don’t know if it has been heated and/or beryllium treated.
Even if determined by a reputable lab to be of Kashmir origin it nevertheless is a lower quality sapphire and is likely to be of little appeal to most buyers.

Emm thank you sir.. I ve asked the seller.. The stone is opaque.. I agree with you.. I wont take the risk.. The seller said it is 100% natural.. Unheat no treatment.. But again.. I wont buy it.. Thank you sir

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s what Kashmir sapphires from the olden days look that that makes them extremely desirable, in very limited supply and therefore unbelievably expensive.
Origin is important, but more important are the characteristics and beauty that makes anything more desirable and expensive.
Anyone can say it’s unheated, untreated and from Kashmir but only a reputable lab report guarantees that.
So keep your dollars in your pocket for this one.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... The seller said it is 100% natural.. Unheat no treatment. ...

What sellers "say" can't be trusted to be true.
Even sellers with sterling reputations may have been lied to by their supplier this time ... who in turn was lied to when they bought it ... again and again, all the way back to the mine (or the lab).

This is why independent reputable gem labs exist.

But of course, There's a sucker born every minute, and Hope springs eternal.
Gamblers aren't all in Vegas.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results