shape
carat
color
clarity

SI or I1?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rani

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

My partner is in the middle of purchasing a stone for my first engagement ring. In our culture we have a formal engagement after the families are introduced to each other and this is when I will be getting my ''proper'' engagement ring. However my partner would like to propose to me sometime in the future in a ''romantic way'' instead of having just the one in front of friends and family. So for the time being he is going to buy a small diamond solitaire ring and we are trying to keep the budget low since we are both studying and there is no point in splurging now when he will buy another in the future.

My question is shall I go for a .30ct SI diamond or 0.40 I1? Will the inclusions be very visible in a 0.40 diamond? We wont get a chance to look at the diamonds in person because we are buying online (UK).

Thank you

Date: 12/7/2008 11:16:37 AM
Author:Rani
Hi everyone,

My partner is in the middle of purchasing a stone for my first engagement ring. In our culture we have a formal engagement after the families are introduced to each other and this is when I will be getting my 'proper' engagement ring. However my partner would like to propose to me sometime in the future in a 'romantic way' instead of having just the one in front of friends and family. So for the time being he is going to buy a small diamond solitaire ring and we are trying to keep the budget low since we are both studying and there is no point in splurging now when he will buy another in the future.

My question is shall I go for a .30ct SI diamond or 0.40 I1? Will the inclusions be very visible in a 0.40 diamond? We wont get a chance to look at the diamonds in person because we are buying online (UK).

Thank you
Hi Rani,

I1 clarities are not created equal, some may be eyeclean or eyeclean enough and others may not be....Are you working with a vendor who can carefully check if the diamonds are eyeclean and the SI2 stone also? In those sizes you could find a diamond which is eyeclean or close to it in these grades. Also if you can, post the proportions of each diamond, depth table, angles, grading report etc and we can help you ascertain which is the best cut diamond.

Depends on the budget you are working with. If you share the general price range members may be able to help you....

Our budget is £500 max and the website does not post all the stats of the diamonds. All I know is that it will be an ideal cut H-I colour and S1 or I1.
Im trusting the website because their offices are in Hatton Garden and I''ve heard good things about Hatton Garden lol. I hope Im not wrong
39.gif

Date: 12/7/2008 11:29:01 AM
Author: Rani
Our budget is £500 max and the website does not post all the stats of the diamonds. All I know is that it will be an ideal cut H-I colour and S1 or I1.

Im trusting the website because their offices are in Hatton Garden and I''ve heard good things about Hatton Garden lol. I hope Im not wrong
39.gif

There are a lot of rip offs in Hatton Garden. I wouldn''t trust them to tell you what is ideal without the numbers from the diamond''s certificate. And if it''s unseen I would go for an SI1...

I would prefer the smaller SI1.

Si1, or find a good Si2 to meet in the middle...

Marty
Diamond Brokerage Service INc
www.dbsdiamonds.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP