shape
carat
color
clarity

So I''m also insane...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and found a place I love for my wedding! (another LIW also found a place she loved)

I have never been there...just found it browsing around. Ok, I was looking around The Knot
12.gif
...and I know I''m not enagaged yet...
but what do you girls think?

http://www.spanishmonastery.com/

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

Jaw-droppingly gorgeous!

It really looks exactly like a Spanish monastery! Well, other than the Banyan tree.
2.gif

It practically doesn''t need any decorations at all it so beautiful. What''s your favorite area?

It looks like I''m not the only one who can''t help herself.
9.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I know! its so perfect! it looks like it''s just enchanted!...

It was actually a church built in Spain back in like 1140 (Segovia actually...my BF and I were there last year!)...then someone bought it and they brought it to FL (piece by piece) and they "re-built" it here!...it''s just amazing!!!!...and just something I know my BF would love (we both have Spanish backgrounds)

My favorite is the main Chapel for the ceremony and "The Cloisters" for the reception...I love the garden for all the pictures but wouldn''t want to have it outside (you never know how the weather in FL would be!) and I''m afraid a tent would take away from the Gardens...

The best part is that it is actually not TOO expensive....but again, I haven''t been there. I did read some stories and saw some pictures and now I can''t stop thinking about it!!!!

I want to tell my BF so bad but I''m afraid he''ll think I''m crazy!
40.gif

Maybe later on :)

w_chapel.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
reception
36.gif

reception.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
beautiful gardens for pictures...
I know..it''s crazy...but I''m in love with this place!!! it''s so "us"!

r_garden.jpg

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 10:55:14 PM
Author: Mandarine

I want to tell my BF so bad but I''m afraid he''ll think I''m crazy!
40.gif

Maybe later on :)
Yeah, that is a timing sensitive matter. If the ''how do you picture the wedding'' subject comes up, then you can mention it in abstract. Since you visited the region it''s from you could just casually mention how nice it would be to get married in something like the old monasteries in Spain. Plant the seeds, so to speak. Then when you actually get engaged... oh look honey, I found something just like what we were thinking about!
31.gif

heh heh, I''m evil.
I so hope my bf never reads PS

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
very pretty!

I used to look on the knot all the time too - but it got to be too much. I realized that I was planning out the entire wedding while not even being engaged yet and not really considering what my bf might have to say about all my "choices".
20.gif
I didn''t want to be disappointed with what we actually end up doing so I had to cut it off - that place can be almost as addicting as PS!! LOL

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 11:21:44 PM
Author: Cailet
I realized that I was planning out the entire wedding while not even being engaged yet and not really considering what my bf might have to say about all my ''choices''.
20.gif
I didn''t want to be disappointed with what we actually end up doing so I had to cut it off - that place can be almost as addicting as PS!! LOL
Yeah, that''s why I''m into dresses right now. It''s the one wedding thing he has no say in!
9.gif
And rings are the first step in engagement
31.gif
So we can look at those too w/ no guilt!

I don''t know about your guys, but I have a feeling mine is going to be ... opinionated. I think of this prior research as, um, somewhere between gathering facts in anticipation of a reasoned discussion and preparing a collection of pre-screened options. (No reason for him to know just how much time went into it, eh?)
Or am I the only lady here who needs to back up her opinons with hard data and examples for that opinon to have any real weight?
9.gif
(Unless one pulls out the "it''ll make me happy'' card which really should be frugally used.)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mine is also opinionated!!!! I''m also one that has to show hard data or a "study"! hahaha...

I went to bed similing last night...I couldn''t stop thinking about that place!. Good thing is not very close to my house because otherwise I would be so tempted to drive by there!

Wren I like your "evilness".....
31.gif
I''m also with you on the hoping the BF doesn''t find PS!!!!
32.gif

Anyway....a girl can dream....but I know what you guys mean about taking it too far with the planning....so I will control myself!
16.gif

M~

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 11:46:34 PM
Author: Wren

Date: 2/27/2006 11:21:44 PM
Author: Cailet
I realized that I was planning out the entire wedding while not even being engaged yet and not really considering what my bf might have to say about all my ''choices''.
20.gif
Yeah, that''s why I''m into dresses right now. It''s the one wedding thing he has no say in!
9.gif
And rings are the first step in engagement
31.gif
So we can look at those too w/ no guilt!

I don''t know about your guys, but I have a feeling mine is going to be ... opinionated. I think of this prior research as, um, somewhere between gathering facts in anticipation of a reasoned discussion and preparing a collection of pre-screened options. (No reason for him to know just how much time went into it, eh?)
Or am I the only lady here who needs to back up her opinons with hard data and examples for that opinon to have any real weight?
9.gif
(Unless one pulls out the ''it''ll make me happy'' card which really should be frugally used.)

A seriously - are we dating the same guy? He is WAY better than when we first started dating way back when but there is still that look in his eye that says "I totally believe you - BUT I want to know all the details, facts, studies, etc that you read up on so I can see what all this is based on"

I think that my guy is going to be one of those grooms that SAYS he doesn''t care and doesn''t want to be too involved with planning and then once I get going will want to have a say in EVERYTHING.

LOL - I''m all about dresses too. Although I like so many different styles I think that I will only ever be able to decide what I really like once I go and try a bunch on. But I love to drool over all the pretty pictures (mostly of the dresses that I could never really afford!).

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine,
The place is really pretty, inside and out. I have recently been thinking about a place too. I''ve done a little looking around online but don''t let myself do too much; I attempt to control those tendencies but whew...it can be tough! I found this place that is so pretty (an outdoor garden) and not too far away but expensive. I am trying to figure out how it could possibly be paid for.
33.gif

Well, I hope that the place works out for you. It''s fun to think of the possibilities, even if that particular one doesn''t turn out. I really haven''t started looking at dresses yet b/c there are so many styles. I guess it''s kind of like ring info., there''s so much that it''s almost overwhelming. But it sure is fun to look at rings and learn about them! I''ve also started thinking about invitations...just jumping ahead a little.
2.gif
I like the idea of doing my own and think it would be possible w/some very pretty paper and a nice *free* font from the internet and a pretty ribbon. Ok, I must stop now!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

Amy your note made me laugh!...it really is hard to not get carried away!...I am not looking at anything else (for now
27.gif
)...but I did tell my sister about this place...she said it sounded perfect!...but that''s it...I''m not even looking at rings or thinking about it. Knowing him I am NOT going to be part of that process....so I''m thinking I won''t try. I have already dropped hints about what I want...so I''ll leave it at that!...

So that is it for me, for now....I am officially not permitting myself to log on to The Know for AT LEAST another two months!
32.gif

For now I''ll keep dreaming of those gardens
36.gif

Thank you for your opinions girls!!! M~

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine,

I had to look at a thread titled "insane."

You''re not insane; you''re a girl. :)

My girl''s been looking at wedding magazines for I don''t know how long, just because she knows it''s coming, and we''re not sure how long of an engagement we want. So, she''s pre-planning/getting ideas for things now.

Most likely we''ll be married in the fall, with the change of the leaves and all that pretty stuff. We talked one day about a honeymoon in Vermont, at a quiet little bed and breakfast. That was all it took... I can''t tell you how many emails I''ve gotten from her that point out different choices, along with the pros and cons of each. She''s just as insane as you are.

:)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Good, I know I''m not the only one...many of us ladies here enjoy dreaming about these things!. My friends (out of this forum) do think I''m a little crazy....but I just tell them that I want to see how they are when they feel like I do
30.gif

Vermont sounds wonderful!!!....sounds like you are still searching other options so I''ll give you one to think about (if you guys like the outdoors). Montana!!....NW Montana to be exact (Glacir Ntl Park)...it''s an amzing and magical place!!! we were there and absolutely fell in love with it!!

I haven''t gotten into looking at Magazines yet...I see them at the supermarket but don''t even want to start checking them out because I know I''ll be addicted to it!. I know my engagement is coming this year...so when it finally happens I will be buying all kinds of magazines and books! :)

M~

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
I could save you a ton of money and just sneak some of hers to you... she''d never know. There are way TOO many.

We''ve also thought of Florida, but I don''t know about that. I think I may ask her in Florida (we''re planning a trip there around the time I hope to be able to ask her), and she also likes the idea of Canada. Has anyone ever read the books from the series "Anne of Green Gables?" She LOVEs those novels, and is completely in love with the movies (6 tapes in all. I''ve been made to watch them. They''re not so bad the second and third times around though. Once you get to where you can mimick what they are about to say, I enjoy it a lot more!!). Anyway, the series is set in Prince Edward Island, Canada. We''ve tossed that idea around, too. I know I''ll end up going there with her at some point in our married life, but whether or not it''s on our honeymoon, I don''t know.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
That chapel is magnificent, by the way. Sort of like a castle of sorts. Very "princessy."

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t gotten into looking at Magazines yet...I see them at the supermarket but don''t even want to start checking them out because I know I''ll be addicted to it!. I know my engagement is coming this year...so when it finally happens I will be buying all kinds of magazines and books! :)
This is funny b/c I just bought a magazine last night! I needed something for the gym and bought some wedding magazine. It was fun to look at but I do try to limit buying them. This is my 2nd magazine and I went for as long as possible. It sounds ridiculous when I think about it, but nonetheless, it''s true.
19.gif

Argh, I have read the Green Gables books and saw at least one of the movies. I like them too...must be a girly thing. The places you''re thinking of all sound wonderful. I''m sure wherever you pick will be fabulous and sounds romantic. It does sound pretty to be married around the leaves in different colors. Here in the midwest, we have a lot of that but I also really like lots of pretty, colorful flowers. How''s a girl to choose???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results