shape
carat
color
clarity

Soliciting ideas for a long necklace using Tahitians!

So I went to a jewelry garage sale last weekend - a friend of a friend selling off a bunch of things she had inherited. A real mix bag of real and artificial jewelry. I really had no intentions of buying anything but there was this Tahitian pearl bracelet there - I was pretty sure it was fake, because the clasp was brass - but the pearls seemed pretty (not super lustrous, but nice enough) and the price was low enough that even if they were fake it would be worth it. I sort of impulsively just… grabbed it lol.

Well.. my teeth seem to think they’re real :D The thing is, I’ll never wear it as a bracelet. But I think I’d like something young and fun with them! I have some white freshies that I can pair with them to get some length, because I’d like something long. I don’t mind spending a little on diamond stations or something to give it sparkle. I don’t want a typical tin-cup style necessarily but I could do a tin-cup with some diamond stations sprinkled in between I guess? I also like tassels.

Open to ideas! Here’s an example of some things I liked. I’d love more inspo :)

IMG_6775.jpeg

IMG_6776.jpeg

IMG_6777.jpeg
(Don’t want simple bezel set diamonds as stations however)

IMG_6778.jpeg
(Don’t like the shape of these stations)

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh very fun @AllAboardTheBlingTrain , could you post a photo of your pearls so that we know what shape/colours they are? =)2

Reactions: CMN
I've been sketching out some ideas all morning, I've gotten really inspired! I'm REALLY skint right now though, spent so much of my bling fund this year I actually don't know if I can afford to do it until I save up a bit more. The more I stare at my sketches the more I feel like it has to be a tin-cup style, I'm not digging the lariat as much. I feel like I want a more "full" version of Mikimoto Pearl in Motion, which isn't nearly dramatic enough for me lol.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
With a bracelet, there’s usually 15-20 pearls depending on the size of the pearls. You could easily have both a tin-cup style necklace (depending on the length / spacing in between) and even make a pair of earrings!

Photos from Eragem and Laing below. I especially like the asymmetric earrings :kiss2:

IMG_3053.jpeg
IMG_3054.jpeg

With a bracelet, there’s usually 15-20 pearls depending on the size of the pearls. You could easily have both a tin-cup style necklace (depending on the length / spacing in between) and even make a pair of earrings!

Photos from Eragem and Laing below. I especially like the asymmetric earrings :kiss2:

IMG_3053.jpeg
IMG_3054.jpeg

I do like this!! I think I would want a few more pearls in it though, not just empty chain along the back of the neck. But this has given me a great starting point. It has a lot of the feel of the Pearls in Motion that I love. I particularly love the asymmetry - I feel like pearls are organic matter, and nature is rarely so ordered. I love asymmetry in pearls :kiss2:

I would love it if I could get a pair of earrings too out of my bracelet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results