shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire or 5-stone? Indecision!

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock
Hi folks! I haven't been on in a long time, but would love some input on what setting would best complement my stone. I bought the stone as a sort of, "I deserve nice things" gift to myself lol. A year ago! I have been so ridiculously indecisive about how to set it.

Here's a link to my stone. It is absolutely gorgeous in person. Lively and always sending off rainbows, it reflects blue sky outside and glows with an inner light in dim lighting. It's a joyful little stone and I really enjoy it. :))

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.02-carat-e-color-vvs1-clarity-sku-839272
6c722336c8a2d91ae0f31740a5ebdbfd.jpg

So after a few months I had settled on a Cathy Waterman-inspired design and began working with Caysie on a setting back in Nov/Dec.
981e33b85b964fce95a3ff7316c4e0e5.jpg
Then I had a family emergency and personal health issues crop up and I lapsed communication. Now I'm ready to finally set this baby so I can wear her in something other than a stone-holder. :lol:

But now of course I don't like the Cathy Waterman idea anymore! :wall: I decided I don't like all the little melee stones, it would be too busy for my eyes and I want something more minimalist and streamlined. And that after all the design really complements an oval stone best and not a square cushion.

So now I am waffling between a solitaire or a 5-stone.

For the solitaire I'm thinking something like a cross between the LAD/CVB and the Maytal Hannah. With 4 double claw prongs instead of 6 prongs or a bezel. And with a cathedral shank (no diamond donut), and soft romantic feel.
img_8276__47804.1418744279.1280.1280.jpg ring-3-2.jpg

For the 5-stone, a cross between the CVB and Vram rings, with french cuts and prongs/bezel mix as in the CVB. But not sure if the extra bling would overwhelm my 6mm cushion?

f84a1a98491f145e7eca943ccdd4f6ab.jpg 644029f71fab2beec6ede4922960d48c.jpg

What do you guys think??

www.pinterest.com.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think this looks lovely and very balanced. Allows the stone centre stage, but the accents really compliment without overwhelming.

IMG_1786.JPG

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CVB Giselle is one of my favorites! It is such an exquisite setting and it will compliment you stone so wonderfully. I don't know if five stones are needed, but maybe tiny skinny french cuts/baguettes.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I can really relate to this, it took me a very long time to decide how to have my 1ct/5,9 mm cushion set! I also started out wanting something more detailed/vintage but ended up with a plain solitaire.
I just wanted to chime in to say that all your inspiration rings carry larger stones. Since I have gone through your journey I have to say that with a 6 mm stone the details wont look the same/be a lot smaller.
Just something to consider.
I am obviously biased, but would prefer it as a solitaire. I love your ideas, especially the "petal" design. Perhaps change to just four "petals" from the side view?
A third option would be a three stone RHR!! If you could find two similair cushions... or perhaps two smaller asschers for the sides. Ok sorry, I will stop now.
Cant wait to see how you have it set!
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results