shape
carat
color
clarity

Storm, Gary H (cut nut) & other expert PSers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
Vendor is able to provide ASET and IS images. Could you please take a look at these images and tell me what you think?

I can''t do multiple images in one postings, so pls bear with me!

Heres the aset:

asetem.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
heres the IS:

Idec.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Heres a pic of the ec again:

12345ec.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is a very nice stone, but I would need more I am affraid. In this case i need a 3D file as the dark zones are more than I can judge and I know these tools pretty well.

Tell me though - what is the closest you and your other 1/2 can focus from (eg 6 inches, 14 inches?)

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 7:17:40 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
It is a very nice stone, but I would need more I am affraid. In this case i need a 3D file as the dark zones are more than I can judge and I know these tools pretty well.

Tell me though - what is the closest you and your other 1/2 can focus from (eg 6 inches, 14 inches?)
Thanks Gary,
I am a newbie, so I do not understand what you mean by "what is the closest you and your other 1/2 can focus from )eg 6 ins, 14 ins?) please explain.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
What Garry is getting at is he thinks it might be a little dark up close.
I don''t think that is a huge issue.

Im more concerned with the lack of small to med virtual facets for some smaller fire.
The ASET/IS confirm what I was worried about with the other picture.
Again if you could see it and return it I would consider it.
But buying it with no chance of return I am a little leery.
This one needs to be seen in person.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 10:09:45 AM
Author: strmrdr

Im more concerned with the lack of small to med virtual facets for some smaller fire.
Thanks Storm, unfortunately, I can''t see it in person and too much cost will be involved for shipping too and fro. I am overseas.

I am a bit worried about the small corners and narrow drop pattern and I am not sure whether I like it.

Storm, could you show me a few examples of ec patterns(internally), for me to visualise what kind of pattern I would like most??

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The best way to see pics of different ones is hit the search link above then set the forum to show me the ring then type in EC and hit search.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 10:39:49 AM
The best way to see pics of different ones is hit the search link above then set the forum to show me the ring then type in EC and hit search.
Yes, but most of the times, you cant see the clear internal patterns as it should be in a graphic. Like how with wider corners and broader drop pattern should look like. Real diamonds unlike graphic, shine and sparkle too much and obscure the patterns.

Sorry, if its too much to ask.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 10:48:15 AM
Author: megeve

Yes, but most of the times, you cant see the clear internal patterns as it should be in a graphic. Like how with wider corners and broader drop pattern should look like. Real diamonds unlike graphic, shine and sparkle too much and obscure the patterns.

I plan on doing an article about it eventually for the PS journal so it would be good to do some.
I will work on it as time allows and post them over the weekend.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 11:01:14 AM

I plan on doing an article about it eventually for the PS journal so it would be good to do some.
Thanks, thats a great idea! I have seen alot of different patterns on asschers from you but not in ec. I am looking forward to it.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I am with Garry and Storm on this one. It needs to be seen, and I think you can probably find a livelier emerald cut, but many like the more sedate look that some emerald cuts have, so it is very much a matter of personal taste.

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 11:23:33 AM

Thanks, thats a great idea! I have seen alot of different patterns on asschers from you but not in ec. I am looking forward to it.
He's a good chap isn't he, our Storm!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 11:31:38 AM
Author: Wink

I am with Garry and Storm on this one. It needs to be seen, and I think you can probably find a livelier emerald cut, but many like the more sedate look that some emerald cuts have, so it is very much a matter of personal taste.

Wink
Thanks Wink for your input. You have phrased in very well - thats the key word "livelier" ec! Thats what I want and not so much a sedate look stone. The search goes on!!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 11:36:21 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/5/2008 11:23:33 AM

He's a good chap isn't he, our Storm!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hi Lorelei (:wavey):

Yes! He sure is (:appl:) (:appl:) He has helped me alot in my search for an ec. I am soooo grateful to him, I do not know what I would do without him - I wouldn't dare to venture into the world of online diamond buying!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results