shape
carat
color
clarity

The conflict is real: seven stone or eternity channel set?

sammy1032

Rough_Rock
The heart wants this Mark Patterson seven stone RBC ring as my wedding band but my head says a Tiffany or Cartier 3mm channel set eternity for practicality purposes.
I do want something I don’t have to take off a lot. I want to potentially rinse dishes or do some light chores with it on. I glove up for most all chores, indoor or outdoor anyway.

Here it is in stock photos and on my hand. I want! But if I take it off as much as I take off my e-ring then it will defeat the purpose. It does feel like it sits very low on my finger as my e-ring is a tower.

Seven stones, four prongs. Anyone have any trouble with their 7 or 5 stone ring not being durable? Or them giving you trouble?
Thanks for the insight and advice.
IMG_8015.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8019.jpeg
    IMG_8019.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8196.jpeg
    IMG_8196.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8197.jpeg
    IMG_8197.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 29
It is a beautiful look! Just be sure to ask about the exposed girdles of the wedding band eating into the prongs of the engagement ring. If the girdles touch metal, it will saw into it. Many love the shared prong setting, but that can be the downside forcing you to wear a spacer band.
The other downside is that the wedding band can spin on the finger and not stay put exactly where you want it. Maybe correct sizing is the key to that - I think many have those types of bands.

I would not wear a ring with diamonds to do any type of chores. That's what plain bands are for IMO.

For the very same reason, I went with a 5-stone bezel set wedding band that is set low on the finger. I can wear it all day/every day if I want. The stones (and girdles) are completely encased in durable platinum for protection.
However, I do agree that care still needs to be taken and I remove it for heavy duty tasks.

The heart wants this Mark Patterson seven stone RBC ring as my wedding band but my head says a Tiffany or Cartier 3mm channel set eternity for practicality purposes.
I do want something I don’t have to take off a lot. I want to potentially rinse dishes or do some light chores with it on. I glove up for most all chores, indoor or outdoor anyway.

Here it is in stock photos and on my hand. I want! But if I take it off as much as I take off my e-ring then it will defeat the purpose. It does feel like it sits very low on my finger as my e-ring is a tower.

Seven stones, four prongs. Anyone have any trouble with their 7 or 5 stone ring not being durable? Or them giving you trouble?
Thanks for the insight and advice.
IMG_8015.jpeg

I'm like you, I want to wear my jewelry if I buy it. I would rather buy a relatively inexpensive ring, wear most of the time and replace rather than having to take off jewelry frequently.

I bought a bright set band 7 years ago for my wedding band with the hope that it would last 5 years. The milgrain and diamonds have held up beautifully.
My RHR with mossies that I wear 50% of the time with exposed girdles doesn't have any nicks but has an solid back.
I'd buy a channel or brightset half eternity and wear the heck out of it, removing only for washing dishes, prepping meals, and heavy duty activities, but most people are more sentimental than me and would be horrified to replace their WB.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP