shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on my WF CAD of 3 stone EC ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just received my CAD from Whiteflash and would like some opinions. I really like it but am not 100% sure yet....I would like some opinions from you guys before I approve.

Keep in mind that the prongs are suppose to be claws and it will have milgrain. Any thoughts?I''m also attaching a picture of my wedding band; do you think the new setting will match up nicely? Maybe I should have a wedding band made as well....I''m afraid the new setting will have nicer pave than my band...
face22.gif

Thanks a bunch!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous. CADs are hard because the prongs aren''t finished and neither are the final steps like milgraining. But this looks great.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks NeatFreak!

I just got off the phone with my husband and he doesn''t seem to like it very much. He doesn''t like the diamonds on the gallery
14.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I like it a lot - I think it''s one of the nicest CAD''s I''ve seen because it doesn''t look overly bulky. That''s too bad that your husband doesn''t like it, but maybe you can compromise and not have the pavé stones on the gallery? Although, if you love it, then that''s what matters.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that this is one of the nicest CADs I''ve seen - I think it is stunning and I love the diamonds on the gallery.

I think it is beautiful!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I love it just the way it is. Tell hubby he''s not wearing it
2.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s a shame he doesn''t like it. I think the diamonds on the gallery look phenominal......really keeps the continuity and fluidity of the look in profile, but that''s just my take on it.

VERY lovely design.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 10:50:24 AM
Author: October2008bride
I agree that this is one of the nicest CADs I've seen - I think it is stunning and I love the diamonds on the gallery.

I think it is beautiful!!
I agree, it is FAB. I don't know what is a good solution but I love it.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is gorgeous!!! I love everything about it! Tell hubby he''s crazy!
2.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I agree - its gorgeous! I think in person its going to be just stunning!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 10:24:42 AM
Author: idreamofice
Thanks NeatFreak!

I just got off the phone with my husband and he doesn''t seem to like it very much. He doesn''t like the diamonds on the gallery
14.gif

Try to get him to think of how small they really will be: the CADs are massive blow-ups of the ring before production. I remember when I got mine I was over-reacting to one little prong detail.....decided to leave it as it was because it was a structural element that needed to be there. Now when I look at it IRL, I hardly notice it.

Each tiny element will be seen as part of the *whole*. And those CADs are amazing (Joe did them, right?).

LS

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I just got an email from my husband and he actually does like it now!
20.gif
I should have known, he did the same thing with my previous halo setting. He did not like it at all at first but he came around... It''s just really important to me that he likes it too. When I first saw the CAD I didn''t have any major concerns but at the same time wasn''t 100% sure. I think I am now though since hubby approves! Oh and of course PS approves right?

LostSapphire, your ring is amazing! and yes, Joe is the one who did it.

Thanks again everyone! You guys are awesome!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 11:46:28 AM
Thanks everyone!

I just got an email from my husband and he actually does like it now!
20.gif
I should have known, he did the same thing with my previous halo setting. He did not like it at all at first but he came around... It''s just really important to me that he likes it too. When I first saw the CAD I didn''t have any major concerns but at the same time wasn''t 100% sure. I think I am now though since hubby approves! Oh and of course PS approves right?

LostSapphire, your ring is amazing! and yes, Joe is the one who did it.

Thanks again everyone! You guys are awesome!
Thank you!

Joe ROCKS!

LS

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your rings are absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love them!!!! I can''t wait to see the final pictures. Please post many handshots
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I think that your wedding band will match up nicely!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like it!! There isn't a think I'd change. It may very well outshine your band as the melee WF uses is very good. My only concern would be having two 3-sided pave bands against each other. You've probably already thought about that aspect and it looks like they don't touch anyway due to the prongs extending out.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous!!! I wouldn''t change a thing!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i thnk that if it looks that good as acad that it will knock your socks off IRL, go for it!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks like the makings of a very beautiful ring. I''m glad your husband now thinks so too
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a WF setting and while its pretty I do find that it when I look at it in most lighting it just looks like metal rather than small diamonds. In the sunshine its sparkly, but inside the beads are more obvious.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It looks great!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again everyone! I''m having hard time dreaming up any changes...lol I guess that''s a good thing!

Linda, I will make sure I post lots of hand shots when I get the finished ring!

swingirl, that''s what I was afraid of. It would suck to have the new setting outshine my current wedding band. I guess I''ll just have to wait to see them together.
Hopefully it won''t be that bad...I guess I can always have Whiteflash make me a matching wedding band.

Maisie, my wedding and and old setting are the same way. They really don''t sparkle inside, which is okay with me but when you say the beads are more obvious inside, do you mean the tiny prongs holding the melee? Are they really bulky IRL?

I can''t thank all of you guys enough for all the lovely comments and help!
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like they are a bit bulky on the sides of my ring.. the halo isn''t too bad. When I look down at my ring I definitely see a lot of metal on the smaller diamonds. It might not happen on yours but I just wanted to point it out.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a close up of my beads... It might be different on your ring.

beads121.jpg

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Hi Maisie,

Thanks for the picture, I see what you mean. I personally don''t think it looks bad at all! But I did email Whiteflash to make them as subtle as possible. Thanks for pointing it out!
1.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 4:59:58 PM
Hi Maisie,

Thanks for the picture, I see what you mean. I personally don't think it looks bad at all! But I did email Whiteflash to make them as subtle as possible. Thanks for pointing it out!
1.gif
IDOI, I agree; I don't think it looks bad at all, either....but then again, nothing looks very flattering under "mega-mag", I guess.
9.gif
I remember the first time I posted a picture that close up....my cuticle looked like the size of a ball point pen! LOL

Reminds me of a thread T-gal posted a while ago when she got a new camera with killer macro capabilities. She posted a picture of her eye in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bezelicious-tgs-fgs-wf-studs.73665/page-3

She has a very cute eye, but I'm sure under that level magnification, we see some anatomy that just isn't really discernable when scaled to real life.
2.gif

I'm glad your hubby came around; I can't wait to see the finished piece! It looks beautiful even in CAD.
31.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 4:59:58 PM
Hi Maisie,

Thanks for the picture, I see what you mean. I personally don''t think it looks bad at all! But I did email Whiteflash to make them as subtle as possible. Thanks for pointing it out!
1.gif
Hi, the ring looks really lovely in the cad. I would want to make sure that it is comfortable too and not too wide in any area due to the diamonds being set all around it. Other than that issue, it looks very well balanced and bling worthy!!!!!

My take on the beading is that it depends on the skill of the person setting them. There may even be different categories of finish that cost more if it is to be done really finely. My ring (under the loupe) has blobs of bead all over the place, diamonds set at different angles and some pushed in more than others etc....so done very poorly. Other places I have been to and checked under the loupe have much finer and more precision to the beading and diamond placement.

I remember a very long post here on ps which compared the WF eternity band to some other comparible brands and under the `microscope` so to speak there were interesting differences to see.

I guess the point is , if you want to get really fine beadwork, it may be worth asking if it costs extra or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results