Rough_Rock
Depth % 61.8
Table % 55.0
Crown Angle 34.5
Star % 50.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Crown % 15.5
Lower Girdle % 75.0

Are there any concerns with the 55% table paired with the 34.5 CA? Should the CA be steeper for that table % ?

@DiaDan I always plug diamond specs into HCA cut advisor to determine if round is a keeper.

@DiaDan I always plug diamond specs into HCA cut advisor to determine if round is a keeper.

I did earlier and it gave me a 1.1. But I've found others saying that you'd want a steeper CA if you get a 55% table.

I did earlier and it gave me a 1.1. But I've found others saying that you'd want a steeper CA if you get a 55% table.

That ls nonsense 55% tables work with a huge range of CA.
The combo is fine.
Any images to see see beyond the numbers?

That ls nonsense 55% tables work with a huge range of CA.
The combo is fine.
Any images to see see beyond the numbers?

Here is a link to the diamond. Looks like it's from WF. Not sure why stonealgo is giving it a relatively low score. What do you think about the ASET image? I see some blue/obstruction at 1 o'clock in-between the arrows neat the center.

Here is a link to the diamond. Looks like it's from WF. Not sure why stonealgo is giving it a relatively low score. What do you think about the ASET image? I see some blue/obstruction at 1 o'clock in-between the arrows neat the center.

link didnt post

Its a very well cut stone.
I wonder if they are deducting for the comments on the report.
WF would have already veted the stone rather than the report to make sure its not a big issue.

Its a very well cut stone.
I wonder if they are deducting for the comments on the report.
WF would have already veted the stone rather than the report to make sure its not a big issue.

Actually I found something weird with stonealgo. It is saying the stone's ctw is 1.2 but the actual gia cert and WF are both showing 1.11 ctw. The algorithm on stonealgo is probably confused by that because it is calculating the visual ctw to be 1.17 and saying it is less than what it thinks to be 1.2 ctw, falsely creating a low score.

Last edited:
Actually I found something weird with stonealgo. It is saying the stone's ctw is 1.2 but the actual gia cert and WF are both showing 1.11 ctw. The algorithm on stonealgo is probably confused by that because it is calculating the visual ctw to be 1.17 and saying it is less than what it thinks to be 1.2 ctw
ah ok

its a recut w/ same GIA #.... stonealgo is scoring 2022 version's proportions 1.2 ct 59 35.5/40.8
1728433845613.png

1728433807522.png

1728433935173.png

its a recut w/ same GIA #.... stonealgo is scoring 2022 version's proportions 1.2 ct 59 35.5/40.8
1728433845613.png

1728433807522.png

1728433935173.png

Oh wow.. how does that work? It was recut and then sent back to GIA for evaluation? Then GIA reengraved it with the same number and then updated the certificate? Seems a bit shady.

Oh wow.. how does that work? It was recut and then sent back to GIA for evaluation? Then GIA reengraved it with the same number and then updated the certificate? Seems a bit shady.
Not really, it goes through all the checks again just like the first time.
Cutters get really ticked if color or clarity goes down but it has happened and GIA stood their ground.
Clarity differences both up and down are far more common than color but it happens.
The one real difference is that its a little cheaper to get an updated report vs a fresh one.
They require that the hard copy of the report be submitted and it is destroyed or its full price and a new number.
On the consumer side its a report of the stones current condition just like a report with a fresh number would.

Not really, it goes through all the checks again just like the first time.
Cutters get really ticked if color or clarity goes down but it has happened and GIA stood their ground.
Clarity differences are far more common than color but it happens.
The one real difference is that its a little cheaper to get an updated report vs a fresh one.
They require that the hard copy of the report be submitted and it is destroyed or its full price and a new number.
On the consumer side its a report of the stones current condition just like a report with a fresh number would.

Learned something new. Did you realize that when you saw the stonealgo info on that diamond?

Learned something new. Did you realize that when you saw the stonealgo info on that diamond?
To be honest I didn't read the stonealgo stuff other than the score just because you mentioned it and went directly to WF for the report and images.
I dont consider anything on stonealgo worth bothering to read.
@freddyboston found the older report above.

To be honest I didn't read the stonealgo stuff other than the score just because you mentioned it and went directly to WF for the report and images.
I dont consider anything on stonealgo worth bothering to read.
@freddyboston found the older report above.

Yeah no worries. I'm just trying to learn!

1. Stonealgo scores aren't useful
2. Recut and re cert is really normal and nothing to worry about
3. It's a good looking stone!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP