shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on This OEC.......

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK, folks, I'm back needing some more input if possible.

While sorting out all the difficulties around the ring from Loose Grown Diamond that I posted about in my previous thread - a process that is still ongoing (and frankly not going well) - I decided to start the process on my other (hopefully final) bucket-list item, which is a lab OEC or transitional in around a 1.0ct size. I knew it would be the safest bet to order a custom-cut lab AVR or transitional from Jonathon - he never, ever lets anyone down, and I knew he wouldn't let me down either - but the cost would have been really, really difficult for me, so when I saw the pictures of lab OECs from Ouros and the price, I decided to take a chance there. The stones in the pictures are just gorgeous - that facet pattern really appeals to me - and I had read a couple reviews that stated that the stones they received looked just like the pictures of what they ordered, so I proceeded to order a 1.0ct OEC and a simple solitaire setting for it to be set into for now. Vijay has been very cordial, responsive, and communicative, so that gave me a good "feeling" so far.

Today I received an email that my stone had arrived from the cutters with a video of it attached. The video is only one setting/angle - that kind of video that's outdoors in shade with the stone held up so that one is looking all the way through it sideways. Now, I'll mention that I really actually hate those types of videos - the stones never look all that good to me in them, they don't resemble at all the way I would be seeing the stone on my finger, and I find it incredibly hard to judge the cut quality and facet pattern in them. So, rather predictably, the stone does not look good to me at all, but I have no idea if it's just the limitations of that kind of video or not. I went back to their OEC order page to look at the pictures there again, and they have the same type of video of another one of their OECs there. In comparing the two videos, they don't look the same to me - in particular, the center facets on my stone appear very dark and "dead." However, DH pointed out that in the video of my stone, the background is moderately dark green foliage, whereas as in the video on the order page, the background is much lighter, so that may be having an influence.

Anyway, I emailed Vijay back expressing these concerns, and asked if he could please send me some more videos in different lighting/situations that are similar to the different lighting and settings shown in the video and still photos on the order page. While I wait to hear back, I'd really appreciate it if anyone here would take a moment to look at what's on their order page vs. the video of my stone and give me some feedback. Thanks ahead of time!

Here is the link to the Ouros lab OEC order page: http://www.ourosjewels.com/products/1-carat-old-european-round-diamond?variant=47492914774320

Here is the link to the video of my stone: http://streamable.com/nycmbs

Please let me know if either of those links don't work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results