shape
carat
color
clarity

Trapiche Emeralds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Hi All - I had a lovely little trapiche emerald a few years ago - it was given to me as a gift (rough). I had never heard of them before and I fell in love instantly! I have been wanting to replace it - but I have only found one website that has them - and not very many at that. Does anyone have advice/suggestions about how to procure one? Thanks!

trapiche.JPG

I do not know of any store providing these on regular basis. As far as I know. the mines don't do that either
1.gif

Here's one EXAMPLE and some nice reading on the odd and great of the species LINK .

Hope this helps...

Ahh, they are beautiful, also hard to get ahold of, I get mine direct from a Colombian freind of mine I work with on occasion, Here is a photo of a set that he had, it ended up selling for 90k a couple yeras ago.

Amazing set!

trapiche.jpeg

I wish those hands were mine
5.gif
even if the stones are not. No such trapiche around to play with until now!

I might be dreaming, but taking into account that I don't expect such piece to come by the truck load... could that pair be the same as THIS ("Queens of Coscuez" if the link does not lead right on target) ?

I would me very happy to hear good things about Esmerald.com.
1.gif

Hi Valeria - I saw that little baby on Bijoux, too and my nouth started watering!!! I have to stay focussed on wedding ring (poor me- right)! But I am sorely tempted to go for that trapiche - becuase, as you said, they are hard to get one's hands on - especially, I find, that size.

THe only place I found that I could get them was also Esmerald.com but the stock is really limited, at least right now.

I will talk to the Columbian dealer who gave it to me and see if he is interested in me posting his name here. It might take a few weeks...

David - were those the Queens of Cosquez? Does the dealer work for Esmerald? Can he get more...? Would love to know. Thanks!

Hi, folks thanks for that link, they had no authorization to use my photograph on there web site. I dont know why it is on there. I will have our legal department have a little chat with them. All people have to do is ask....
Thats not right. The picture is the same it apperars, and the size matches up.

They were a fun set to play with. Although we didnt have them very long.
here is the link too the original high qulaity photo that proves I took it.
http://users.frii.com/gold/Emeraldcut.html

I am unaware of any names given too the set, The Colombian Gentilman i work with can get almost anyting, or stocks it, truly amazing goods.

Gee.. sorry to hear about the mess. I hope all works out somehow.

I am also wandering about this pair, since they (or something startingly simmilar, presented as 'arround 20cts' and definitely not for that price) were offered for sale in the US almost two years ago. I would be quite surprised if many such pairs would be readily available, so that the one I know of and this are two different things. Maybe they come from the same source as the drops in your picture?

David, has your page been removed? I looked for it and it was gone.

I had some technical diffucluties yesterday, its up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP