shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to select the e-ring diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ospray

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

Thanks to kind help from everyone here, I have gotten some fine diamond suggestions, and also learned how to narrow down a diamond search a little bit on my own. I am trying to pick the diamond for my gf''s engagement ring, and I am looking at two contenders at the moment. They both look good to me, but I am admittedly remedial when it comes to deciphering pictures like the ASET. Would anyone be willing to give thoughts on either of these (or recommend a new contender?)

FYI, my budget for the stone is around $3K. You''ll see that I am targeting premium cut 3/4 carat round brilliants, F-H in color, VS2-SI1.

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5051/ (Cut Adviser = 1.3)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1445166.htm# (Cut Adviser = 1.1)

I would love any feedback or suggestions...thank you!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really it is 6 in one a half dozen in the other with those. They will both be gorgeous. I''d go with whichever company has the setting you like to make things streamlined and easy.

ospray

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, Neatfreak!

Now that you mention it, I am a little thrown off by the settings on GOG and WF. I am looking for a simple white gold pave setting...but having a tough time finding one. I saw some streamlined pave settings in Helzberg (bleh) I believe, but on these sites I''m not really finding that. I see either complicated, swooping, cathedral type pave settings...or some kind of tapering one on Whiteflash.

Is it that difficult to just find a straight low-set pave setting?

enigma1406

Rough_Rock
Does the legato not fit what you want? That''s the closest I could find to simple pave and low set.

ospray

Rough_Rock
enigma - between the legato you posted and the sleek line here, do you think one will sit lower than the other?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 11:19:12 AM
Author: ospray
enigma - between the legato you posted and the sleek line here, do you think one will sit lower than the other?

I''d ask Whiteflash, they can compare them for you in person.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''d think the Legato would be lower set since it isn''t a cathedral setting. I really love the Legato setting BTW, the head is fabulous and looks so pretty in profile. I think it''ll look very much like a basic simple pave setting- it just has a prettier head than most do, which is a good thing I think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results