shape
carat
color
clarity

Using AI to generate jewelry inspiration

Would you use AI to get ideas for custom projects?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
Did you know you can use AI tools like Midjourney and Dalle-2 to create inspiration photos for jewelry?

I definitely think this has the potential to change the game for custom jewelry makers in the future. It can be so hard for customers to express what they want without being able to see it first.

The tool I used for these images is Midjourney. It's a bit more involved than other tools to get started with. Feel free to let me know if anyone has any ideas you want me to try out or if you have any thoughts on this. Would you use it? Do you think it will change the industry?

Anyway, here are some of my recent "projects":

I was wondering what a blue diamond with a yellow diamond halo set in rose gold would look like. Kind of weird.
Lesley_R_photo_of_a_yellow_diamond_emerald_cut_ring_with_blue_d_f62ab10c-39d3-4064-a699-599cdec779a0.png

I think the cartooney style of this emerald and pink sapphire ring is interesting. It gets the idea across very well.
Lesley_R_illustration_of_a_pink_emerald_cut_diamond_and_green_g_a1217459-2272-40e7-8d7a-8f3d3804727e.png

I decided to check out a weird combination, yellow diamond and peridot. I imagine those gems are very rarely combined in real life. And uhh ... now I can see why.
Of course, those aren't really top color peridots.
Lesley_R_canary_yellow_diamond_ring_with_peridot_sidestones_48463a0a-e739-4d2c-8d6b-6ac67abc8813.png

An interesting yellow diamond idea. I like the idea of a super intense center stone and less intense sidestones.
Lesley_R_canary_yellow_diamond_ring_with_yellow_diamond_sidesto_98c551be-ec77-45fc-a13c-ba4e300d9b3b.png

^ This is brilliant! I admit that I first clicked to see if it was a spam-bot post -- but was very pleasantly surprised! :mrgreen2:

Lol, yeah I wondered if people would think that because I don't post a lot

But I do lurk a lot!!

I thought this thread was a spam thread. Thank you for posting this thread @Jujeh. That last ring…..WOW!!!!

Nope.
I'm okay with natural intelligence.

Do you think it will change the industry?

not really.

if a jeweler /designer wants to go down the road of upfront giving a customer 10 different mock-ups based on
the customers verbal list or inspo photo of wants,
and uses AI instead of a person generating each one individually
I see the reasoning of the birdshot approach maybe looking attractive to some.

what I see happening if this becomes widespread is more consumers feeling misled that the images oversell the end result they receive.
enough threads read here of finished product being disappointed to the new owner when viewed next to computer renderings they were shown.

Did you know you can use AI tools like Midjourney and Dalle-2 to create inspiration photos for jewelry?

I definitely think this has the potential to change the game for custom jewelry makers in the future. It can be so hard for customers to express what they want without being able to see it first.

The tool I used for these images is Midjourney. It's a bit more involved than other tools to get started with. Feel free to let me know if anyone has any ideas you want me to try out or if you have any thoughts on this. Would you use it? Do you think it will change the industry?

I was wondering what a blue diamond with a yellow diamond halo set in rose gold would look like. Kind of weird.
Lesley_R_photo_of_a_yellow_diamond_emerald_cut_ring_with_blue_d_f62ab10c-39d3-4064-a699-599cdec779a0.png

I think the cartooney style of this emerald and pink sapphire ring is interesting. It gets the idea across very well.
Lesley_R_illustration_of_a_pink_emerald_cut_diamond_and_green_g_a1217459-2272-40e7-8d7a-8f3d3804727e.png

I decided to check out a weird combination, yellow diamond and peridot. I imagine those gems are very rarely combined in real life. And uhh ... now I can see why.
Lesley_R_canary_yellow_diamond_ring_with_peridot_sidestones_48463a0a-e739-4d2c-8d6b-6ac67abc8813.png

An interesting yellow diamond idea. I like the idea of a super intense center stone and less intense sidestones.
Lesley_R_canary_yellow_diamond_ring_with_yellow_diamond_sidesto_98c551be-ec77-45fc-a13c-ba4e300d9b3b.png

Yes, these are really useful tools. I've been using them for 2 months now.

I see a lot of disappointment.
AI has no concept of jewelry structure.
That is the difference between an artist and a jewelry designer.
It not only has to look good it needs to be structurally sound.

I see a lot of disappointment.
AI has no concept of jewelry structure.
That is the difference between an artist and a jewelry designer.
It not only has to look good it needs to be structurally sound.

AI really does work wonders. I have already seen many cases of its use in practice. For example, I recently studied an AI powered CRM system, who would have thought about this 5 years ago. But now creating artificial intelligence crm is becoming a reality. I am afraid to imagine what will happen next. The main thing is that people do not lose their jobs because of this.

Give artificial intelligence time. It will still show its power.

Only by stealing others ideas.
Its like a larger scale of that coworker you want to throat punch for claiming your stuff as its own.

This!
It can't create anything from scratch, it needs a library of other people's work to draw from and makes a collage out of their stuff then presents it as "new" and "original". Well, it's neither new, original or true artificial intelligence.

Anything that comes out of it can't be copyrighted and any input/picture you use becomes the property of the company that made the app and they can use it forever, however they want.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP