shape
carat
color
clarity

Warning about I Do Now I Don't

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to share my recent experience with I Do Now I Don't for anyone who is considering using this site to sell jewelry.

I've been trying to sell my princess cut diamond for several years and really just wanted to be done with it. I listed it on I Do Now I Don't during the summer. It sold in September. I followed IDNID's directions for shipping my stone to them. I thought it was strange that I didn't get an email confirmation to let me know they received it as soon as it got there, but these are strange times. I did get confirmation when I checked with them.

During October, my stone was going through the verification process and then was sent to the buyer. IDNID apparently only sends checks to buyers on the 15th of the month after their jewelry is verified, so my check should have been cut November 15. When I didn't see a check by November 20, I contacted IDNID and received a canned email response about how COVID has impacted their business so they're behind on cutting checks.

I looked online and found that many people have had similar experiences. The issue with IDNID not paying when they said they would has been an issue for at least a year.

There are a LOT of complaints on the BBB:

Note that these complaints haven't been updated since mid-October!

There are also a lot of stories similar to mine on TrustPilot:

IDNID has locked down their Facebook, Twitter and IG so no one can comment.

I'd hate for anyone to go through this and potentially just lose both your jewelry and money.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Sorry this is happening to you. Do you have a deadline on your check? I actually was considering them but am lazy and never got around to inquiring...

lala646

Ideal_Rock
@rockpaperscissors67 I'm sorry to hear you're going through this with IDNID. I have made a number of great purchases from IDNID in past years, and my last purchase was at the end of 2019. I had really good communication with the seller, the price was really fair, and I received my purchase exactly as expected. Everything was great! Or so I thought.

In the spring, the seller reached out to me, apologetically, to say she felt awkward but wanted to tell me IDNID had still not paid her for the items she had sold me. By this point it had been 3+ months. She didn't hold me responsible, but wanted to let me know how they were treating their sellers. They had given her the same runaround they're giving you. Customer-facing, all is peachy-keen! But it appears they're treating their sellers as a bank. I'm so sorry nothing seems to have changed, and I truly hope they do right by you, and all of the other sellers who so far seem to have been taken advantage of.

Please keep us posted if you receive any resolution.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
@rockpaperscissors67 I'm so sorry this happened to you. Based on my past experience, BBB doesn't do much if anything. I recommend consulting an attorney or the small claims court in your state.
Thank you for sharing so we can avoid IDNID.

Last edited:

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
@rockpaperscissors67 I'm sorry to hear you're going through this with IDNID. I have made a number of great purchases from IDNID in past years, and my last purchase was at the end of 2019. I had really good communication with the seller, the price was really fair, and I received my purchase exactly as expected. Everything was great! Or so I thought.

In the spring, the seller reached out to me, apologetically, to say she felt awkward but wanted to tell me IDNID had still not paid her for the items she had sold me. By this point it had been 3+ months. She didn't hold me responsible, but wanted to let me know how they were treating their sellers. They had given her the same runaround they're giving you. Customer-facing, all is peachy-keen! But it appears they're treating their sellers as a bank. I'm so sorry nothing seems to have changed, and I truly hope they do right by you, and all of the other sellers who so far seem to have been taken advantage of.

Please keep us posted if you receive any resolution.

Oh, how awful! I let my buyer know what was happening, too, not because I wanted her to feel bad or anything, but I do hope buyers start seeing what's going on and stop buying so this nonsense stops.

It's funny you say they're treating their sellers like a bank because Delgatto is the parent company for IDNID and I also found this:

It makes me wonder if they're taking the money they get for the jewelry and putting it into this, thinking they'll get it back to pay the IDNID sellers...but the pandemic messed things up.

I hope your seller gets paid and I'll post if there's a resolution!

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
@rockpaperscissors67 I'm so sorry this happened to you. Based on my past experience, BBB doesn't do much if anything. I recommend consulting an attorney or the small claims court in your state.
Thank you for sharing so we can avoid IDNID.

I filed a complaint with the NY attorney general and am urging others to do the same if I can find them. I'm going to consider legal options after the new year...but I read that someone got their check for only $600 and it bounced so I'm not too hopeful about getting any money.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a case with the FBI is imminent. Sorry you have to go through this...

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
IDNID is so fishy. I once bought a diamond over them and then the seller never sent out the diamond. IDNID didn’t inform me about that so I was waiting 14 days with 5500usd charged to my cc. After I contacted them to return my money it took them 3 months to do so.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I am sorry this happened to you. :(

Is the ring insured? Maybe covered under your homeowner's policy? Maybe you can recoup the loss? Just thinking out loud. I am sorry this happened and hope you can get satisfaction somehow.

herewillow

Rough_Rock
I wanted to share my recent experience with I Do Now I Don't for anyone who is considering using this site to sell jewelry.

I've been trying to sell my princess cut diamond for several years and really just wanted to be done with it. I listed it on I Do Now I Don't during the summer. It sold in September. I followed IDNID's directions for shipping my stone to them. I thought it was strange that I didn't get an email confirmation to let me know they received it as soon as it got there, but these are strange times. I did get confirmation when I checked with them.

During October, my stone was going through the verification process and then was sent to the buyer. IDNID apparently only sends checks to buyers on the 15th of the month after their jewelry is verified, so my check should have been cut November 15. When I didn't see a check by November 20, I contacted IDNID and received a canned email response about how COVID has impacted their business so they're behind on cutting checks.

I looked online and found that many people have had similar experiences. The issue with IDNID not paying when they said they would has been an issue for at least a year.

There are a LOT of complaints on the BBB:

Note that these complaints haven't been updated since mid-October!

There are also a lot of stories similar to mine on TrustPilot:

IDNID has locked down their Facebook, Twitter and IG so no one can comment.

I'd hate for anyone to go through this and potentially just lose both your jewelry and money.

I’m going through a similar buying experience now. I purchased my dream ring 10 days ago. The seller told me she would ship the next day and when I didn’t hear from IDNID to confirm their receipt of the ring I started following up.
Every time I contact them I get the run around. Yesterday, they told me the seller contracted COVID19 and that she just mailed the ring a couple of days ago. I pray that this is another lie and that she is okay!!

I’m a nurse and this has been the most stressful year of my professional life. I thank God everyday for my supportive and loving husband. When we decided to upgrade my ring for our 15th anniversary, I turned to IDNID because I wanted to help another diamond lover find a good home for her ring; I know many people are struggling right now. I also wanted to reduce my environmental impact I wish I’d done more research about this company. (I had looked into them years ago and everything seemed ok) I’ll feel horrible if the seller isn’t paid. And I’ll be heartbroken if the ring never arrives. We can’t afford to buy another diamond if we aren’t refunded.

I honestly don’t have the bandwidth to continue contacting these people and to escalate this to the appropriate authorities. (But I will!).

I don’t know how these people can live with themselves as they take advantage of others during these very difficult times.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a nurse and this has been the most stressful year of my professional life. I thank God everyday for my supportive and loving husband.

I just wanted to say thank you for all you do for so many. Be well and stay safe and I hope this issue gets resolved soon for you.

herewillow

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say thank you for all you do for so many. Be well and stay safe and I hope this issue gets resolved soon for you
@herewillow If they don't deliver the ring, you should initiate a dispute for the charge on your credit card. They will take care of it for you. You won't be out the $$, don't worry.

Thank you @lala646 I wish I had used a credit card. I paid via my debit card and I don’t think I’ll have the same protection. I’ve told IDNID that I am demanding a full refund if the ring doesn’t arrive by Monday. I was told that they would do so. (... not holding my breath).

lala646

Ideal_Rock
Oh, @herewillow I'm sorry, that does make everything more complicated. I'll keep my fingers crossed this all works out for you, but I would caution you in the future to never use your debit card on larger purchases. You are afforded so few protections compared to a CC. Also, never use a debit for hotel rooms. I learned that the hard way.

herewillow

Rough_Rock
Oh, @herewillow I'm sorry, that does make everything more complicated. I'll keep my fingers crossed this all works out for you, but I would caution you in the future to never use your debit card on larger purchases. You are afforded so few protections compared to a CC. Also, never use a debit for hotel rooms. I learned that the hard way.
Thank you, @lala646 I just got off the phone with my bank to start the claims process. Their high-dollar division is closed on the weekend but at least I was able to get a head start. According to the person I spoke with they will investigate.
I never use credit cards so I had no idea. Now I know for the future. I’ll keep fighting to get my money back (or to get the ring if, in fact it’s there).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @lala646 I just got off the phone with my bank to start the claims process. Their high-dollar division is closed on the weekend but at least I was able to get a head start. According to the person I spoke with they will investigate.
I never use credit cards so I had no idea. Now I know for the future. I’ll keep fighting to get my money back (or to get the ring if, in fact it’s there).

Oh gosh, if you have no other reason to get a credit card, get one just to use for large purchases and then pay if off by the end of the statement period and pay no interest. I don't use one for reputable PS vendors as I trust them totally to send a wire payment. But anytime it's a small vendor or preloved, it is so important to pay by credit card.

I am very sorry for the OP, too. Thank you for the warning!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Just to add to this that I have recently seen some horrid reviews of this company, and it seems fairly new and that they used to be fine! And that they keep blaming COVID for the slowdown, yet they continue to accept used jewelry to sell! If they are having that much trouble they need to suspend accepting goods - and yes in the future use a credit card because usually they immediately put the funds back to your card while they conduct an investigation. Ugh so sorry to hear this because it sounds so stressful!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to add to this that I have recently seen some horrid reviews of this company, and it seems fairly new and that they used to be fine! And that they keep blaming COVID for the slowdown, yet they continue to accept used jewelry to sell! If they are having that much trouble they need to suspend accepting goods - and yes in the future use a credit card because usually they immediately put the funds back to your card while they conduct an investigation. Ugh so sorry to hear this because it sounds so stressful!!!

Yes- always use a credit card. I once had my debit card hacked. Somehow my info got sold to someone who used it to buy tons of toys for their kid. I was able to give the police the name and address of the out of state thief who bought my info and used it. They refused to follow-up. Gave me a lame excuse but the reality was they have no interest in dealing with internet theft because they are busy with city crime.

My bank was no help. When money is stolen out of your account- it's your money, your problem and the bank won't usually make you whole. But when your CC is charged for fraud- it's not your money that was stolen- it''s the bank that issued the credit card's money. And you won't be liable.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going through a similar buying experience now. I purchased my dream ring 10 days ago. The seller told me she would ship the next day and when I didn’t hear from IDNID to confirm their receipt of the ring I started following up.
Every time I contact them I get the run around. Yesterday, they told me the seller contracted COVID19 and that she just mailed the ring a couple of days ago. I pray that this is another lie and that she is okay!!

I’m a nurse and this has been the most stressful year of my professional life. I thank God everyday for my supportive and loving husband. When we decided to upgrade my ring for our 15th anniversary, I turned to IDNID because I wanted to help another diamond lover find a good home for her ring; I know many people are struggling right now. I also wanted to reduce my environmental impact I wish I’d done more research about this company. (I had looked into them years ago and everything seemed ok) I’ll feel horrible if the seller isn’t paid. And I’ll be heartbroken if the ring never arrives. We can’t afford to buy another diamond if we aren’t refunded.

I honestly don’t have the bandwidth to continue contacting these people and to escalate this to the appropriate authorities. (But I will!).

I don’t know how these people can live with themselves as they take advantage of others during these very difficult times.

Ugh. I am so sorry!! I hope this resolved quickly. Just read it all. I am crossing fingers!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I bought earrings from them last year. It took several calls to get them on their way. I received them several weeks later.

herewillow

Rough_Rock
All: I’m so happy to report that my story has a wonderful ending. My gorgeous ring arrived today. The diamond will be reset into a Victor Canera setting that I purchased via Loupe Troop. Once the project is done, I’ll post photos. ❤️

lala646

Ideal_Rock
@herewillow That's excellent news! We look forward to seeing it once it's complete!!

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to post an update to this saga...

I filed complaints with the BBB, NY AG and the FTC. I was contacted by a USPS investigator who took all the information I had; this could be mail fraud too.

I've been emailing as many news outlets as I could that ever did a positive story on IDNID. I'm getting ready to start email all the Manhattan news stations about the story.

I created a FB group called "Scammed by IDNID." I'm hoping to track down as many other victims as I can so we can band together to deal with this! I'd like to see as many people as possible get the full amount from their sales since IDNID violated their own contract.

If you know anyone who's still waiting for payment, can you please send them to my group. I really believe if we have a bunch of people tackling this issue, we'll stop this company from scamming anyone else.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to post an update to this saga...

I filed complaints with the BBB, NY AG and the FTC. I was contacted by a USPS investigator who took all the information I had; this could be mail fraud too.

I've been emailing as many news outlets as I could that ever did a positive story on IDNID. I'm getting ready to start email all the Manhattan news stations about the story.

I created a FB group called "Scammed by IDNID." I'm hoping to track down as many other victims as I can so we can band together to deal with this! I'd like to see as many people as possible get the full amount from their sales since IDNID violated their own contract.

If you know anyone who's still waiting for payment, can you please send them to my group. I really believe if we have a bunch of people tackling this issue, we'll stop this company from scamming anyone else.

I was thinking about you the other day, wondering if there was any update. I'm sorry to hear that you still have not gotten your money back for your ring. I hope that banding together as a group will help!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you - but I’m sorry you are having to deal with this. I wish you much luck - you are definitely a go-getter!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it's time to call the police. At some point, you are talking about theft.

Exactly! And/or file a civil suit against them. In my state it is not hard and costs about $100 to do this.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also had a bad experience with IDNID after a few positive ones in the past. I sold a ring through their platform in January, mailed it to them promptly, and then waited and waited for my payment. They made up the ridiculous excuse about cutting checks the 15th of the month after inspection and purposefully delayed inspection for 30 days. It was a plain platinum band so they didn’t need a gemologist. Once March came, they started blaming COVID. I finally filed a complaint with BBB and after a few rounds of back and forth, got my check in late April

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results