shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wellinsm

Rough_Rock

Hello!

I''ve been lurking around this site for a few months now and I finally have a question to post. I have a .80 H SI1 round solitare engagement ring in WG. I''ve purchased a .78 round channel set wedding band (12 stones) and I recieved a plain WG knife edge band from my mother (it was my great-grandmothers). Most of the people I know have sodered their engagement ring with their wedding band together, but since reading, most people here do not seem to do that. I''m worried about the channel set and the engagement ring rubbing together. What are the pros/cons of sodering rings together. I won''t be sodering the plain band, but I was really considering sodering the other ones together. I''ve attached a example of the soliatare ring (it isn''t from JA, but it is similiar) and I found a picture of the wedding band. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I''m not sure if I''m attaching the pictures correctly so I''ll also post a link

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/classic-solitaire-settings/ring/item_57-1904.asp

http://www.camelotbridal.com/collection/detail.php?pid=00000000363

What a cool looking band! I think that the general concern about rubbing goes for eternities with exposed girdles: metal on metal shouldn''t cause too much damage. As for the benefits ... I know many people like it because it keeps their stones lined up neatly. Me, I chose to keep mine separate for the days when my hands are swollen, for stacking, and for days when I just don''t feel like wearing both rings at once ....

Ditto. These rings shouldn't damage one another. I wouldn't do it because I like to keep my options open, to wear different bands, to wear only the band, etc. I still like to wear only the e-ring on occasion also. Circe's avatar is a good example of such options
18.gif

Thank you both for your advice. I guess what I will probably end up doing is wearing the wedding band and engagement ring for a while separate and see how I like them. If I find them irritating (spinning, diamonds not lining up to my liking) I will take them in and have them put together. I like the idea of being able to wear them all separate, but I also am weird about having things line up perfectly as well!

Thanks for you kind comment about the wedding band. I don''t think that the picture does it justice. I''ve always liked channel set bands, but this one was a bit different, and I really liked it once I put them together. I didn''t want to take away from the solitare. My fiance likes really simple things, so when he went to buy an engagement ring, he wanted simple. I thought I should add a little more sparkle, although I love the classic clean look of the solitare alone.

Thanks again

You won''t have a problem with those. I think it''s a good idea not to jump into soldering until you are sure!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP