shape
carat
color
clarity

WF ACA specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soconfused

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I met with Brian Gavin at WF and he showed me four diamonds. Will you please give me your opinion on this stone? I am a size 5. And was thinking about the legato ring, but adding diamonds to the gallery. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

0.804 ct F SI1 A Cut Above H&A
. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.804
. Depth %: 60.8
. Table %: 57
. Crown Angle: 34.7
. Crown %: 15
. Star : 56
. Pavilion Angle: 40.6
. Pavilion %: 42.8
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.00-6.02X3.65
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

I''m not the diamond expert others are, but I can say that if Brian said it''s acceptable, I''m sure it''s a gorgeous diamond! ACAs are beautifully cut.

Great choice.

This stone will good fabulous in either the Legato setting. Nice choice.

All ACA''s are nice! Lucky you to be able to go there! I love the Legato setting, too! I really like the plain one paired with a diamond wedding band.

Date: 11/25/2008 9:50:00 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
All ACA''s are nice! Lucky you to be able to go there! I love the Legato setting, too! I really like the plain one paired with a diamond wedding band.
It was awesome to get to meet Brian. Everyone speaks so highly of him and I can see why! He was very personable and very generous with his time. He is a great educator! I can''t wait to see the diamond set. I will post pictures... I originally was looking for an OEC, found one, but then there was a mishap with the diamond and the deal fell through, so we went to WF.... Thanks for all of your help here at PS.

That should be a beautiful diamond!

I''ve always wanted to ask this question. If I understand correctly, ACA stones are cut precisely within certain parameters, and I would assume that they all exhibit similiar characterisitcs under different lighting conditions.

I have never had an ACA stone and I would like to ask people who have seen an ACA stone, in what (lighting) conditions, does ACA performs more superior than the other, say, AGS0, diamonds?

Date: 11/26/2008 11:02:07 AM
Author: zeiss
I''ve always wanted to ask this question. If I understand correctly, ACA stones are cut precisely within certain parameters, and I would assume that they all exhibit similiar characterisitcs under different lighting conditions.

I have never had an ACA stone and I would like to ask people who have seen an ACA stone, in what (lighting) conditions, does ACA performs more superior than the other, say, AGS0, diamonds?
An ACA is always going to be AGS0, and I would not think it''s performance would differ much from other AGS0 stones. You are talking about extra precison cut within the top cut quality. I don''t even know cars well enough to give you a comparison, but as an example, it might be the difference between the Porsche that costs $100,000 versus the one that costs $80,000. Both are outstanding and at the top of their class, but one has slightly greater features than the other although both are very high quality luxury vehicles.

Date: 11/25/2008 5:45:38 PM
Author:soconfused
Hello everyone, I met with Brian Gavin at WF and he showed me four diamonds. Will you please give me your opinion on this stone? I am a size 5. And was thinking about the legato ring, but adding diamonds to the gallery. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

0.804 ct F SI1 A Cut Above H&A

. Report: AGS

. Shape: A Cut Above H&A

. Carat: 0.804

. Depth %: 60.8

. Table %: 57

. Crown Angle: 34.7

. Crown %: 15

. Star : 56

. Pavilion Angle: 40.6

. Pavilion %: 42.8

. Lower Girdle %: 77

. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted

. Measurements: 6.00-6.02X3.65

. Light Performance: 0

. Polish: Ideal

. Symmetry: Ideal

. Culet: Pointed

. Fluorescence: Negligible

How much is the diamond? I am looking for something of those same proportions.

Also, everyone else, would an ACA sparkle much more than an excellent, non-ACA diamond?

DS, if I read you correctly, the $20k headrest upgrade won't make a faster porsche, but it will make a porsche more 'refined'??

Looks fabulous! You won''t be disappointed with an ACA, they look gorgeous in all lighting. I spend way too much of everyday oggling mine, it looks fabulous at work!!!

BTW I would reserve that stone if you havn''t already. It''s a popular size, colour and clarity combo and you don''t want it snatched out from under your feet
2.gif

About to ask- the stone was about $3700, before the wire transfer & PS discount.

Honey22- we purchased the stone and we just spoke w/ WF today to confirm the setting for it. Can''t wait!

ACA diamonds show their worth in all lighting but more specifically in low/dim lighting.... they pick up even the slightest light.... even the slightest hand movements are caught with ACA diamonds resulting in sparks of color.

Date: 11/26/2008 11:45:38 PM
Author: soconfused
About to ask- the stone was about $3700, before the wire transfer & PS discount.

Honey22- we purchased the stone and we just spoke w/ WF today to confirm the setting for it. Can''t wait!

YAY!!!
36.gif
You will have to post tons of handshots!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link to my ering pics. I will be teaming it with a 2mm channel set diamond band from WF! Can''t wait to have the set!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/honeys-ring-is-done.79386/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-honeys-photoshoot.91404/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP