shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this item

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How would you wear a round that SIZE
33.gif

hermione

Rough_Rock
pendant perhaps? so what do you think it is worth? i don''t want to get ripped off
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMHO, the only thing you could do with it is use it as a paper weight!! It''s too big for a pendant, and I would never buy from Ebay. Doesn''t mean there aren''t any good buys to be had, but for me I have heard too many horror stories.

hermione

Rough_Rock
40.gif
yeah, i guess you are right. just so tempting. oh well, thanx for answering me.
1.gif

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
From Simon an Schuster''s Guide to "Gems and Precious Stones"
"Kunzite...Value. Not very high; as secondary gems go, it is more or less on a par with good quality red garnets."
But that being said; IMHO it is a pretty stone. I just don''t think it would be a "good" investment.
Hope this info helps.

Joker....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2005 8:33:57 AM
Author: The Joker
IMHO it is a pretty stone I just don't think it would be a 'good' investment.
The pink is very nice, but doesn't last - these stones fade under exposure to light. To the point that pieces of a set not worn together don't match colors very well after a while (true enough for inherited jewelry - so "a while" might be a couple decades of ocasional wear).

But... the stone is rather famous and has been used by top jewelry makers. Deeper color would be quite nice, even if it needs to stay in the dark between two nights out.

KUN-00016-l.jpg

Anyway, if not wearable, I can't see the use. IMO, it would take a spectacular cut and some expense towards an impressive setting to make this "collectable".

Thought you might like this page about where the fame of the respective mineral comes from
34.gif
One point seems clear: these guys come by the pound ! A hundred carats is not out of question - perhaps not very common, but not out of this world either which is allot to say for any gem material.

To make an egg-sized gem appealing it takes some effort of jewelry making - this is why I asked what is the huge piece going to be made into. One piece of Kunzite - 400 carats or so - is quite famous (link). There are other famous pieces with Kunzite as well. I wouldn't know to tell if such track record makes all other huge pink spodumene investment material. Probably not... The respective pendant would have made headlines (not just thet GG issue, there's more) because of the signature - not just the gem.

just my 0.2 - you know that
1.gif

hermione

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input and links. much appreciated.

luv hermione
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results