shape
carat
color
clarity

What grade Titanium to choose for Mens Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WirelessRoute

Rough_Rock
I am looking in getting a ring from titaniumstyle.com
I am very happy with there guarantees and their lifetime warranties
Did a search found little info here recently on this topic

My question is which grade is the best to go with?
I really want a grade that is going to resist scratches if possible

They have 3 grades listed

Ti-6/4 - Aircraft grade titanium alloy (6Al/4V)
Ti-6/6/2 - Extra-hard titanium (6Al/6V/2Sn)
CP 4 - Commercial Pure Titanium, grade 4

I looking into getting ring with white gold inlay so my main concern is life of the ring, appearance and resistance to scratches

Here’s the ring > http://titaniumstyle.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AJC&Product_Code=2-017G&Attributes=Yes&Quantity=1

Thanks for any feedback
3.gif

i think it''s mostly personal what type of titanium you get, i don''t think that titanium is resistant to scratches regardless of the grade? my husband has a titanium w-ring with a gold inlay, i think it''s the aircraft grade and it has tons of tiny scratches in it. they are not visible unless you hold the ring up to your eye really. aka looking at it on his hand you don''t see that it''s marred. but the metal does scratch. you can buff out the scratches i think with a brillo pad...but with the gold inlay on ours, i am hesitant to try that because i don''t want to re-scratch the gold. so if it was a pure titanium ring, i''d say get whatever grade you want (they are all quite hard!) and just buff out the scratches, but with a gold inlay, you''d have to be really careful not to buff the gold. good luck!

oh the other thing re the grades, actually now i am not sure if my husbands''s is aircraft or not...but i do remember reading that it was really tough to cut off the aircraft grade of titanium, that commercial was better for consumer ring wear...but that people thought the aircraft grades were ''cool''...yet they might have some negative connotations to them, aka as a harder metal, the metal can take the finger with it before breaking. eeeee!!!

For anyone else reading the thread > heres answer to titanium and being cut off

Titanium rings can be cut off with the same tool used to cut off gold rings.
The harder grades of titanium, such as 6-6-2 will be harder to cut off and
will take longer to do so. The softer grade, such as CP(commercially pure)
will cut off almost as easy as gold.

In our tests we used 7mm ring. It took 4minuts to cut Ti-CP ring off, 8 minutes for Ti-6/4 and 10-12 minutes for Ti-6/6/2

Any well equipped jewelry shop, or emergency room, will have this tool.

So I am not worried about that

We have 3 rings that are aircraft grade from www.titaniumera.com and have been very happy with them.

The 1st one, which is 2.5 years old, is not yet showing scratches very well. However, it''s brushed.
The 2nd one, which is 2 years old and is worn everyday (it''s his engagement ring) is also brushed and doesn''t show scratches.
The 3rd one, which is 6 months old, shows a bit of scratching, but I wear it as my wedding bands when we''re doing something tough or dirty...which is why I got it. To beat the crap out of it when I didn''t want to wear my diamond engagement ring or filigree eternity wedding band. This one is flat and shiny so scratches are easier to see in it in general.

Do you know what grade any of these rings are?

Sorry, I thought I said it.

They are all aircraft grade.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP