shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most important criteria when choosing your engagement ring stone?

In your opinion, what matters the most when choosing a center stone for an engagement ring?

• Cut (not shape)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Carat Weight

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
In your opinion, if you had the choice. Which factor would be most important?

I think you are asking to a biased audience (of which I am happily part), and the result is somewhat obvious...

Date: 12/3/2008 8:26:03 AM
Author: oldmancoyote
I think you are asking to a biased audience (of which I am happily part), and the result is somewhat obvious...

ditto!

actually, I would choose "other" if you have it in your poll... I choose origin of the diamond over the 4Cs and the low price.
4.gif

Date: 12/3/2008 8:26:03 AM
Author: oldmancoyote
I see that!
face1.gif

The main reason I asked is because my bf and i just purchased a diamond that I will use as the center stone of my engagement ring. I''ts VVS2 and has excellent polish and symmetry.. but when I plugged the specs in to the Halloway cut advisor, it didn''t do very well at all... much to my amazement because when we were picking the diamond, we were mostly impressed at how "fiery" and brilliant it looked (even in normal light, not just at the jewelers)!
So confused!!

Cut. And did you compare the stone to truly ideal cut stones? That's usually when people see the difference.

CLARITY!

ok, just kidding...

Cut.

creepaway3.gif

Oh, please.

Date: 12/3/2008 10:27:33 AM
Author: grapegravity
actually, I would choose ''other'' if you have it in your poll... I choose origin of the diamond over the 4Cs and the low price.
4.gif
Grape...where are you going with this. Sorry..I''m thinking you''ve written about this before. Likewise, how far have you gotten.

Date: 12/3/2008 2:33:27 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Oh, please.

Date: 12/3/2008 10:27:33 AM
Author: grapegravity
actually, I would choose 'other' if you have it in your poll... I choose origin of the diamond over the 4Cs and the low price.
4.gif
Grape...where are you going with this. Sorry..I'm thinking you've written about this before. Likewise, how far have you gotten.
What I mean is, in my opinion, the origins of the diamond (my preference is Canadian Diamond since I'm Canadian) matters to ME the most when choosing a center for an engagment ring.
1.gif

To answer jaylex question, CUT is the king!! ( Sorry... I mis-understood Jaylex question when I reply my first post to this thread...
31.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP