shape
carat
color
clarity

What pendant setting makes the diamond look the biggest?

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
After trying on the .71 pendant set in a 4 prong basket setting, I feel that my little .35 bezel set is so tiny. I am slowly adding more RG and thinking of adding a RG pendant to my wish list.

I thought I loved the bezel setting but my bezel rides up the back of my neck all the time. It also flips constantly. Any suggestions for the ideal pendant? I am not totally committed to RG, either.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Increase the weight of the setting - e.g. a hexagonal setting with small grains in a picture frame type setting. Use the lightest strong enough chain.
This sort of thing, but also possible with rabbit ears small jumprings mounted permanently in the center of the chain.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/[email protected]?v=1484318252

Q

Queenie60

img_1839_0.jpg

This is my 1 carat pendant. Double milligrain bezel, set in platinum with a fixed chain. The weight of the platinum and the fixed chain keep it from flipping and moving around. I wear it every day and have none of these issues. Good luck, I hope you find the right setting that works for you. :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The placement of mickey mouse's ears are important - compare to BN's setting which are lower. I have a similar pendant as Queenie's also from the same vendor (IDJ) and mine doesn't flip as well.

My mom has a 0.58 in a halo pendant from IDJ and it looks HUGE!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Whiteflash 4 prong basket setting in platinum (0.84ct stone) and it doesn't flip at all, or move round on my neck. I agree that adding more weight definitely makes a difference! I also think a halo style might be the best way to add more visual size.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel or a halo will increase size and you need to work with a vendor that produces something that specifically is orientated not to flip.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Staceyjan,

When it comes to more coverage, I would agree that halo setting is the most agreeable (though the bezel is not a bad choice). If you go with a halo setting do not forget to match the color of the halo pave with your center stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results