shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the best arthritic shank?

toaster

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to decide which arthritic shank to go with. The ones I'm aware of and have been looking at are: Cliq, ForeverFit and Finger Fit.

I love the sleekness of the Cliq, but worry about it opening and my rings falling off.

I like that ForeverFit appears to have less moving parts (less maintenance) and won't open up.

The Finger Fit is also secure, however I'm not a fan of how the ring looks (bases only on internet pictures/videos looks.

Any and all input welcome and if you know of any others that I'm not aware of. I did a search of this forum and found a few old threads with other choices, but apparently those aren't being made anymore!

HELP!

No first hand experience however I like the Cliq the best. I don’t think it will accidently open, the opening is inbetween your fingers so it isn’t going to catch on something.
The Forever Fit I feel is best for fingers whose knuckles are only a bit larger than the finger. I don’t think the design would work well for people with a significant size difference between knuckle size and finger size.
Agree that Finger fit looks oddly clunky so it may not be so comfortable and with the catch being at the base I would wonder about that getting caught on something and inadvertently opening.

I recently converted my engagement ring and wedding band using the Cliq system, after researching the other options you mentioned. Here's a link to a thread I posted about the conversion:

Finally, a solution...

I've been wearing it for about three months now. I absolutely love it. It looks sleek and feels totally safe and secure to wear. My rings no longer twist, spin or flop around. The coupling is very tight when the ring is closed. In fact, it takes an effort to release the mechanism when removing the ring. I've been wearing it long enough to see that there is no way it can open accidentally under any type of normal wearing condition. If that's your main concern, I would completely dismiss it as an issue. Aesthetically, functionally and visually, Cliq is superior to the other options, in my opinion (YMMV). Hope this helps in your decision making.

I recently converted my engagement ring and wedding band using the Cliq system, after researching the other options you mentioned. Here's a link to a thread I posted about the conversion:

Finally, a solution...

I've been wearing it for about three months now. I absolutely love it. It looks sleek and feels totally safe and secure to wear. My rings no longer twist, spin or flop around. The coupling is very tight when the ring is closed. In fact, it takes an effort to release the mechanism when removing the ring. I've been wearing it long enough to see that there is no way it can open accidentally under any type of normal wearing condition. If that's your main concern, I would completely dismiss it as an issue. Aesthetically, functionally and visually, Cliq is superior to the other options, in my opinion (YMMV). Hope this helps in your decision making.

How on earth did I miss your post!? I really did do a search!

My husband and I researched this bc he broke his finger years ago and now his finger joint is swollen permanently. We were told by tons of folks that cliq is the best option available

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP