shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s wrong with this stone? I''m new and this seems like too good of a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bariww

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Please help! I don''t have a copy of the cert on this yet(and I''m new to this expensive hunk of carbon thing so I wouldn''t know what to do with it anyway), but something just doesn''t seem right about the price on this stone (as in to low), but I''m probably missing something w/the measurements or the I don''t know what else. Here''s what I do know...

Round 2.00 H SI1 I $10,230 AGS EX EX N 61.3% 57% 8.09-8.13x4.97.

Assuming it is eye clean (they''re getting back to me on that and I''ll be able to see for myself when they get it in), is this to good to be true? Thanks!

What are the crown and pavilion angles for this? You have to understand that AGS top grade for polish and symm is ideal. Ex is their next best grade so that would result in a reduction in price there.

On thinking about it I realize you might not want to say where you''ve spotted this stone.

What I was wondering mainly is if this stone is being offered on Ebay, or through one of the vendors which frequent Pricescope.

I''m leery about Ebay, but the vendors who frequent Pricescope are another matter. If it''s being offered through one of them I would suspect a typo.

It actually IS from a pricescope vendor but it''s not an in-house stone so they don''t have the cert yet or any additional info. I asked them what the catch was with this stone because I haven''t seen anything even close to this price for an AGS Ideal/Ex/Ex and they said there''s no catch. Still something doesnt'' sit right with me. Is there enought to tell from the measurements and the depth and table %''s to determine anything?

It''s possible it has a bad inclusion dead center or something...something does seem off. Get the rest of the numbers that might tell us why too.

maybe $10,230 per ct ??
2.gif

Date: 12/12/2008 10:56:28 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
maybe $10,230 per ct ??
2.gif

I was thinking the same thing...some vendors have it listed this way, but it should say.

I''ll know more on Monday or Tuesday and I''ll post the additonal info then. Thanks for your help tonight!

well, I'm going to guess that the proportions suck, since the report is probably not a performance based AGS report.

but even then...doesn't seem to answer the whole story.

Date: 12/12/2008 8:00:15 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Yep, too good to be true. Something''s wrong. Where are you seeing the stone offered for that price?
Ditto, crazy price!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP