shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats your opinion on the three diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

modspike

Rough_Rock

Hi, I'm planning on purchasing a diamond from Blue Nile but I'm having a hard time narrowing down my choices. I was originally favouring the one with only clouds but then I read a topic explaining that if the clouds are the only grade maker of an SI1/2, it should be closely inspected. I'm also not sure of the second one with the crystal inclusion since its close to the center of the diamond. The last one only has a rather large feather inclusion but it does not appear to be on the edge.

Here are the links to the diamonds in question.

GIA1102111414_zoom.jpeg

You might want to remove the links while you can still edit... lots of times lurkers will let you and the people who reply do all the work in finding stones and then swoop in and buy them right out from under you!!

Diamond 2:

Diamond2.jpeg

Diamond 3:

Diamond3.jpeg

Welcome!

Yes that is correct that grade making clouds in SI1 or SI2 particularly need careful evaluation. As to the diamonds listed, 2 or 3 might be good choices but an Idealscope image would be very useful to confirm the numbers as they are hovering around what we call steep deep territory. The diamonds might be absolutely fine but as GIA round the numbers, according to which way they are actually rounded, some diamonds which in reality have steeper angles may show some light leakage. That is why an Idealscope image is useful but BN do not offer them. The first diamond is a definite steep deep so I would pass on that one. With the other 2 diamonds, you would need to check with BN if they are eyeclean to your standards.

Definitely skip 1. I would prefer stone 3. Probably cheaper too. Check with BN to make sure it is eye-clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP