shape
carat
color
clarity

where the heck can I find these earring settings????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I''m mildly annoyed with my jeweler... he''s making earrings for me to set my little baby sapphires into (4mm stones) and he said he''d need to order the pieces and put them together - not a big deal. He needs to find the "donut" bezel top part. He''s had no problem finding the martini bottoms that he''ll put the little bezel on top of. But he is having trouble finding the bezel and I''m looking all over the place to find them too. Does anyone know of a casting company that sells the little donut bezel tops for 4mm stones? I''ve looked at Stuller and Adwar. Ugghh. I''m starting to think these are not going to be done for xmas (and they''re really the only gift I''m getting from hubby...). I know he''s busy with the holiday season and am worried he''s not looking really hard.
thanks!!

Hmmm...I haven''t seen anything like that premade...

I think Stuller had the little donut but only up to 3.75 mm. That makes no sense!!

Do you have a picture of what you are looking for? With a good picture it is very easy to find almost anything.

Hi Scot! Sure do... thanks! (it''s the top part "donut" I''m looking for).

lowbezel.jpg

I stopped by another store on my way to the gym at lunch and she told me I''d have to have something like this made and she gave me a pretty high price... ugghh. Maybe I''ll just have them set in some nice martinis for now.

thank you Addy! I wonder if that''s what he ordered. He told me Friday he''d ordered something and would call me when it came in on Monday. He said he thought it would work. But I''ll show him this one! Thanks!!

Date: 12/7/2008 8:57:49 AM
Author: katiedid
thank you Addy! I wonder if that''s what he ordered. He told me Friday he''d ordered something and would call me when it came in on Monday. He said he thought it would work. But I''ll show him this one! Thanks!!

I''m glad I could help! When are you expecting the earrings?

I''m glad he ordered something. If it doesn''t work out can he make something?

thanks Addy and Miranda! I told him this was my Christmas gift and he said "Oh, we have PLENTY of time!"
emsmile.gif
He said not to worry, that we''d make it work. He can always make it from scratch. But that would cost me more so I hope he can make some misc "parts" work together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP