shape
carat
color
clarity

Which old cut for a bezel pendant?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are all very nice old cuts. Number 1 is the only one I might eliminate just bc I think the cut isn’t as nice as the others, but it is not terrible. I think for a pendant the fourth might work best as it is a more transitional style that will probably “read” better in terms of optics from a distance. The others are older makes and I think those cuts are more appreciated up close. Two is tempting just from a rarity perspective, as it is a OMC, but it deserves a ring.

How big are these?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What metal are you planning to use?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Have the dealer nestle #4 in a ring of platinum. If you like the way the color looks then go for that one because it's the biggest. Btw, the solitaire in my avatar pic is a HRD M so likely a GIA O/P.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think an OP color is fine for a pendant personally. You could use platinum for the inner bezel or you could use unplated white gold -- not the palladium type that is very bright/grey but the regular white gold that is very warm. That might blend better with an OP color stone.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are all very nice old cuts. Number 1 is the only one I might eliminate just bc I think the cut isn’t as nice as the others, but it is not terrible. I think for a pendant the fourth might work best as it is a more transitional style that will probably “read” better in terms of optics from a distance. The others are older makes and I think those cuts are more appreciated up close. Two is tempting just from a rarity perspective, as it is a OMC, but it deserves a ring.

How big are these?

I agree with all points. I adore #2 for rarity and chunko crown. But bezel pendant might be less ideal setting choice due to depth of stone (possibly won’t settle easily if bezel is thin, and dimensions will be less diameter for carat weight). However crown height might look really awesome in a bezel, and koizibe is really dramatic. It’s also higher color than #4. It will look similar to the diamond in the two tone bezel. I’d buy #2 if I had to choose. But agree that #4 is a gorgeous choice. The faceting on the transitional (4) will be crisp, blocky and likely fiery. But color is more tinted.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd pick 1 or 4 for a pendant. What is the color on #1?

Joanne10

Rough_Rock
I like #4 best for a pendant, and being the biggest also helps! I think the others are better suited for rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results