shape
carat
color
clarity

xmas gift question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gicki55

Rough_Rock
What shoudl I do...

Ask for 1ct diamond earrings or wait until hubby can afford 1.5 or 2 ct earrings and just ask for a diamond pendant necklace?

I am not sure how long it will take until we can afford the larger size... years?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get the smaller ones now from a place like Whiteflash that has a full upgrade policy (not on their RSG earrings though, you have to pick the ACA stones yourself for the upgrade policy to apply)!

gicki55

Rough_Rock
I never thought sbout that is is more expensive upfront to get the ones that would qualify for the upgrade?

How does that work?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 11:37:25 AM
Author: gicki55
I never thought sbout that is is more expensive upfront to get the ones that would qualify for the upgrade?

How does that work?

It''s not really that much more expensive, and the cut quality will be better too. If you go with Whiteflash any of their ACA stones will qualify. So you "build" your own earrings by picking 2 diamonds and the setting and they will make them for you.

Good Old Gold also has uncertified H&A cut earrings that are upgradable too. But you don''t get to choose your color or clarity there, just a range. And they only come in WG I think...

gicki55

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input.

Is there an additional fee to qualify for the upgrade or just as long as you buy an ACA are you qualified?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 11:49:00 AM
Author: gicki55
Thanks for the input.

Is there an additional fee to qualify for the upgrade or just as long as you buy an ACA are you qualified?

Yup you are qualified with any ACA purchase on the ACA stones. You also qualify with certain other stones too, but not sure of the details on that. Hopefully someone will chime in about their upgrade policy on other stones.

But if you pay by bankwire there is a discount, so make sure to ask!
2.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think 1ctw studs are plenty big.
35.gif

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
i understand....I want HUGE studs...2 cts a piece someday. I have .5 ones now and I rarely wear them b/c I have tons of dark hair, so they never show. It is nice to have the option of wearing them though, make sure that you would want to upgrade before buying something you don''t really want...will you resent them in someway b/c you settled?

Also, not to encourage going fake, but there are some great CZs (or something similar) out there...maybe get a pair of nice ones for $100 or something until you can get exactly what you want.

shady71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 1:07:05 PM
Author: lala2332
i understand....I want HUGE studs...2 cts a piece someday. I have .5 ones now and I rarely wear them b/c I have tons of dark hair, so they never show. It is nice to have the option of wearing them though, make sure that you would want to upgrade before buying something you don''t really want...will you resent them in someway b/c you settled?

Also, not to encourage going fake, but there are some great CZs (or something similar) out there...maybe get a pair of nice ones for $100 or something until you can get exactly what you want.
The upgrade option makes me chuckle... 25 years ago hubby bought me studs, about 1/3 ctw with option to upgrade from Gertz Department Store (NYC) who had been in business over 50 years. They closed a year or two later
9.gif
, never got my "upgrade". Now I have several diff shapes of CZ studs that I love, up to 8mm (2ct) and no worry about losing them. And get to save the $$ for the real thing for rings and pendants, etc.

shady

gicki55

Rough_Rock
shady71 - my hubby said the same thing... he doesn''t really understand why women like jewelry at all though... so he starts out as a pessimist!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results