shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Opinion on 2 diamonds

scc

Rough_Rock
Hello Diamond lovers,

I am a new buyer for diamonds and came across 2 diamonds for an engagement ring in the similar price range and would like your opinion on them.

Their reports can be found on IGI.
(1) 640419556
1725964578778.png1725964601590.png

(2) LG551274358
1725964534854.png1725964552927.png

I know the first one is the so called 60/60 diamond, thought it has an ideal cut, the jeweler said it is pretty as it is an ideal cut and it is big in size since it is 1.7 carat. But I have read some posts on 60/60 diamonds and am concerned about the fire and its performance under light as some may call a 60/60 diamond looking like glass without much fire.

On the other hand, the (2) diamond is the ideal proportion according to Tolkowsky ideal range, however, it is a bit smaller in size and I want your opinion on these two that (1) one is bigger in size but is a 60/60 diamond and (2) is small but has a much better proportion. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello Diamond lovers,

I am a new buyer for diamonds and came across 2 diamonds for an engagement ring in the similar price range and would like your opinion on them.

Their reports can be found on IGI.
(1) 640419556
1725964578778.png1725964601590.png

(2) LG551274358
1725964534854.png1725964552927.png

I know the first one is the so called 60/60 diamond, thought it has an ideal cut, the jeweler said it is pretty as it is an ideal cut and it is big in size since it is 1.7 carat. But I have read some posts on 60/60 diamonds and am concerned about the fire and its performance under light as some may call a 60/60 diamond looking like glass without much fire.

On the other hand, the (2) diamond is the ideal proportion according to Tolkowsky ideal range, however, it is a bit smaller in size and I want your opinion on these two that (1) one is bigger in size but is a 60/60 diamond and (2) is small but has a much better proportion. Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to PriceScope, scc!

Second one has much better proportions and angles, in my opinion.

But, it isn't quite perfect: I see some evidence of pavilion twist which can cause issues with light return as well as the visual appearance of the arrows patterning.

Do you need IF clarity? It's rather extreme and will hike the price quite a bit ...any VS1 or better, most VS2, and even many SI1 will appear just as clean to the eyes as any FL/IF.
You can really open up your field of selection by relaxing clarity to VS1 and get peace of mind.

Hello and welcome to PriceScope, scc!

Second one has much better proportions and angles, in my opinion.

But, it isn't quite perfect: I see some evidence of pavilion twist which can cause issues with light return as well as the visual appearance of the arrows patterning.

Do you need IF clarity? It's rather extreme and will hike the price quite a bit ...any VS1 or better, most VS2, and even many SI1 will appear just as clean to the eyes as any FL/IF.
You can really open up your field of selection by relaxing clarity to VS1 and get peace of mind.

Wow, @DejaWiz , really appreciate your comments and analyzsis. I am so glad I posted here and got your help, just what I needed to know and you pretty much changed my life on my decision to purchase the diamond. Thank you so much.
I will look for VSI1+ diamonds with ideal cuts to maximise the carat, thanks so much!!!

Wow, @DejaWiz , really appreciate your comments and analyzsis. I am so glad I posted here and got your help, just what I needed to know and you pretty much changed my life on my decision to purchase the diamond. Thank you so much.
I will look for VSI1+ diamonds with ideal cuts to maximise the carat, thanks so much!!!

You're very welcome!
I saw that diamond 4358 was listed for around $1700 - is that your budget? We'd be happy to search for alternatives with about as perfect proportions and cut precision that can be attained.
Any particular seller(s) that you're looking at?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP