shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Aset determination

ACruz

Rough_Rock
Screenshot_20240409_131409_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240409_120124_Gallery.jpg 20240429_094858.jpg 20240429_093110.jpg 20240429_085252.jpg 20240429_093153.jpg 20240429_085439.jpg 20240429_093527.jpg 20240429_090118.jpg

Attachments

• 20240429_093527.jpg
    20240429_093527.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240429_085439.jpg
    20240429_085439.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 3

ACruz

Rough_Rock
Can anyone help determine from the aset photos how well or not the diamond is cut. I find I get numerous color combinations depending on amount of light and angle. A couple of the aset photos were taken with fluorescent lighting as back light then with white light from a phone. Can't return and not crazy about how or why it goes black from certain angels. Do some asschers do this even if they are cut well? Trying to understand why it does this. See below gia cert and cut measurements which are considered ideal.

Last edited:

ACruz

Rough_Rock
1714402323224.png

ACruz

Rough_Rock
Diamond.JPG
Measurements are in the ideal range

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its a little contrasty up close but should rock at 1/2 arm length or further.
It will photo darker than it is in real world viewing.
Looks like it should dance well based on the changes in ASET images.

ACruz

Rough_Rock

Thanks you ROCK!!!

ACruz

Rough_Rock

One last question I paid $3600 for the stone alone, didn't have time, energy or desire to sift through stone after stone. Was simply looking for nothing lower than I color, and no lower than SI1 clarity and ideal depth and table measurements (which it falls into) and excellent symmetry and polish which I got. With all that said and the aset images would you say it's a pretty nice stone/decent find without having looked at much because I think we all know this is not easy?

1.51 carat

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone help determine from the aset photos how well or not the diamond is cut. I find I get numerous color combinations depending on amount of light and angle. A couple of the aset photos were taken with fluorescent lighting as back light then with white light from a phone. Can't return and not crazy about how or why it goes black from certain angels. Do some asschers do this even if they are cut well? Trying to understand why it does this. See below gia cert and cut measurements which are considered ideal.

Since you said you can’t return it, but it looks good from a certain viewing angle/distance, how about a pendant?

Since you asked, my asscher does not do this, but I only have one.

ACruz

Rough_Rock
Since you said you can’t return it, but it looks good from a certain viewing angle/distance, how about a pendant?

Since you asked, my asscher does not do this, but I only have one.

Thanks. It's an engagement ring so that's where it'll be staying. My issue was/is I didn't realize cut could still be an issue even with best depth and table measurements. It's a long story why it wasn't returned and noticed the over dark contrast too late.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
One last question I paid $3600 for the stone alone, didn't have time, energy or desire to sift through stone after stone. Was simply looking for nothing lower than I color, and no lower than SI1 clarity and ideal depth and table measurements (which it falls into) and excellent symmetry and polish which I got. With all that said and the aset images would you say it's a pretty nice stone/decent find without having looked at much because I think we all know this is not easy?

1.51 carat

I would much rather have a contrasty stone that dances over the all to common dead center stones.
Eye clean or even eye cleanish si1 stones are very rare in asschers.
You could have done a lot worse.

I dont keep up on prices to say if thats a good price.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you can't return it I'd let sleeping dogs lie! It looks pretty and I like the setting.

ACruz

Rough_Rock
I would much rather have a contrasty stone that dances over the all to common dead center stones.
Eye clean or even eye cleanish si1 stones are very rare in asschers.
You could have done a lot worse.

I dont keep up on prices to say if thats a good price.

Thanks, and yes it is super clean even with a loop it's difficult to see flaws. Just wish I had noticed the contrast sooner but then again it probably would have taken forever to find something perfect. I feel better now.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Forever, or a very long time. I'll buy it from you for $3,600.
Listen to Karl.

ACruz

Rough_Rock
Forever, or a very long time. I'll buy it from you for $3,600.
Listen to Karl.

Wow!!! Thank you!!! I so wanted to love it and finally able to do so because of these posts. Was so fearful it was a very bad buy and happy it wasn't a total bomb. Your responses have really helped reassure me. It probably wont ever be sold as it is now too sentimental but appreciate your gesture. I now know how careful and discriminative I must be in the future. I'm grateful for all the new knowledge on purchasing diamonds.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results