shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding between two diamonds for e ring - please help!

Ash Sanjeevy

Rough_Rock
Hi experts! Could you please let me know how you would choose between the two diamonds below?

Option 1 - GIA 2487190524
  • Video 1
  • Video 2
  • Questions:
    • Does it have any yellow hue or milky look that you can see?
    • Do the inclusions pose any concern to you?
Option 2
  • Front image looked really sharp! Like their certified H&A stones... How would it compare to Option 1, is it just good camera equipment or is there more there?
  • Questions:
    • Note small but dark inclusion on the table
Thanks

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the optics of option 2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ash Sanjeevy

Rough_Rock
I prefer the optics of option 2

Thanks for sharing. Would you be able to share a few more words / pointers about what's better about Option 2? Are there any particular things not to like about Option 1, or is it pretty strong too?

I like Whiteflash but my preference is to stay at F & above, and VS2 & above. I understand I could drop lower and not notice with the naked eye, but I still like the idea of operating in these ranges. Cheers

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing. Would you be able to share a few more words / pointers about what's better about Option 2? Are there any particular things not to like about Option 1, or is it pretty strong too?

I like Whiteflash but my preference is to stay at F & above, and VS2 & above. I understand I could drop lower and not notice with the naked eye, but I still like the idea of operating in these ranges. Cheers

Option 1 isnt a super ideal cut (despite the marketing used on the website). The arrows are skinnier and the cut is just messier and less precise.

Whats your budget?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I much prefer option 2.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what your budget is, but see these options:

Ash Sanjeevy

Rough_Rock
Option 1 isnt a super ideal cut (despite the marketing used on the website). The arrows are skinnier and the cut is just messier and less precise.

Whats your budget?

Thanks lovedogs and Kim N. My budget is $13,000 so unfortunately the Whiteflash stones shared are well beyond me.

Some other questions to help decide between Option 1 and 2:
  • For Option 1 — should I be worried about the various feather inclusions, including at the girdle? Might that pose durability concerns (Tiffany-style 6 claw setting)?
  • For Option 2 — Cut Advisor score was 0.7 (vs 1.3 for Option 1). It's in GIA X but just outside AGS Ideal. At 0.7, should I be worried that there might be some performance issues, e.g. "obstruction"? James Allen won't provide any ASET / Idealscope / H&A / video in natural light etc without purchase
Cheers

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lovedogs and Kim N. My budget is $13,000 so unfortunately the Whiteflash stones shared are well beyond me.

Some other questions to help decide between Option 1 and 2:
  • For Option 1 — should I be worried about the various feather inclusions, including at the girdle? Might that pose durability concerns (Tiffany-style 6 claw setting)?
  • For Option 2 — Cut Advisor score was 0.7 (vs 1.3 for Option 1). It's in GIA X but just outside AGS Ideal. At 0.7, should I be worried that there might be some performance issues, e.g. "obstruction"? James Allen won't provide any ASET / Idealscope / H&A / video in natural light etc without purchase
Cheers

For option 2, I don't see any obstruction issues. I wouldn't worry about the HCA score. The HCA was revamped several years ago, and it's more on a case-by-case basis whether a score under 1 is an issue.

I personally wouldn't choose option 1 over option 2, primarily because of the crown painting in various spots and the really skinny arrows.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't choose option 1. It just isn't objectively a good option.

Option 2 is tons better

Ash Sanjeevy

Rough_Rock
Thanks both. Really helpful.

I came across a new stone on JA which I thought was exciting. Roughly comparable price to the original JA stone — but better colour (E vs F), much better clarity (VVS1 vs VS2), slightly less sharp cut / arrows.

Not sure why the E VVS1 is priced low, I see nothing wrong with it except 2x tiny feathers on the girdle.

Can I please get your thoughts on which one I should choose? Will try make this my last requested comparison. Cheers

New Option 1 [$12.65k]

Option 2 (as before) [$12.25k]

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I came across a new stone on JA which I thought was exciting. Roughly comparable price to the original JA stone — but better colour (E vs F), much better clarity (VVS1 vs VS2), slightly less sharp cut / arrows.

Not sure why the E VVS1 is priced low, I see nothing wrong with it except 2x tiny feathers on the girdle.

Can I please get your thoughts on which one I should choose? Will try make this my last requested comparison. Cheers

New Option 1 [$12.65k]

Oh, the E is a very nice find. Did it just get listed maybe? I would definitely pick the E over the F.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

New Option 1 [$12.65k]

Both look great to me! I'd go with whichever one you personally prefer

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results