shape
carat
color
clarity

Does GIA not give hard certification copies? (James Allen)

chrisg320

Rough_Rock
I purchased a ring recently and it was missing the GIA certification in the box. I contacted James Allen and they told me lab created stones don't have the usual hard laminated copy. They then sent me the copy already on the website that has the Cert # whited out. I was able to get that number from them, but it just seems weird they would do the lab diamonds any differently than the mined ones. It just seems a little sketchy, and of makes me want to get confirmation the cert # is actually inscribed on the diamond and I'm getting what I paid for.

Can I get confirmation GIA only does E-Reports for lab diamonds? Do any James Allen reps hang around here? Have any of you that have purchased a lab grown diamond from JA received a hard copy?
This was my request and their response.
1714398964570.png
1714398910963.png

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even some of their natural diamonds have digital reports only. It just depends on the stone

Ken Naw

Rough_Rock
Must be an attempt of saving trees/energy

"Why didn't I receive a GIA certificate with my diamond?

From 2023, GIA is phasing out some paper versions of their diamond dossiers and certificates, so you may not get a certificate with your GIA diamond. Don't worry, you'll be able to check using the GIA number inscribed on the diamond or by using a QR code so you can use the report checker on the GIA website".

Then there is a complete U turn

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I had a loose lab diamond certified earlier this year and it was online only. For what I paid, I wish they could have at least printed it out on a piece of printer paper!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results