shape
carat
color
clarity

Metallic freshwater/freshadama vs high quality akoyas?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious after seeing the PP livestreams.

Does anyone have both freshadama/metallic white freshwater AND super high quality akoya (gem quality from T, miki A+, or general pearl)?

Hearing hisano talk about the newest metallic freshwater got me really curious so I'd love to see comparison pics if anyone is willing to share!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I have a pair of Hanadama stud earrings, (7-7.5mm), Metallic white drop dangles (7-8mm), and a Metallic white round necklace (7.5-8mm), all purchased from PP 10+ years ago.

The hanadama definitely have the sharpest luster and that inner glow, but the drop earrings are actually very lustrous too. There is a little bit of variation for the necklace, but it is still better than my very first akoya necklace from a brick & mortar store (not shown).

Both shots were taken indoors with overhead lighting (3000K)
Hanadama & Metallics 1.jpg

Hanadama & Metallics 2.jpg

I also have a brand new Metallic white Edison pendant that I am planning to give to my mom; I can try to take a photo of that with the studs as well if you'd like.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super helpful, thank you!!!

I was looking at some of the smaller metallic bracelet/necklaces from PP and was curious how they'd compare to super high quality pearls. I have to say, the drops hold their own pretty well given how astronomically different the prices are between high quality akoya and metallic freshies!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I looked at the PP website and didn't see any metallic strands. Are Freshadama the same as metallic freshwater?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at the PP website and didn't see any metallic strands. Are Freshadama the same as metallic freshwater?

No, they aren't the same. The metallic ones have been featured in their live shows, but not sure it's on the website

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Super helpful, thank you!!!

I was looking at some of the smaller metallic bracelet/necklaces from PP and was curious how they'd compare to super high quality pearls. I have to say, the drops hold their own pretty well given how astronomically different the prices are between high quality akoya and metallic freshies!!
I definitely wear the metallic drops more than I wear the Hanadama studs. Not sure if it is because I just like the dangle style better or mentally I don't want to potentially damage the studs by wearing them too often, but I really do love drop pearls. I have been lusting over a Hanadama strand for a long time, and of course prices shot way up just as I was about to buy one. I have been telling myself my metallic strand is already pretty nice so don't really need another white strand (though I wish they were pinker). We'll see what they present on Wednesday's livestream with Takahashi lol

They had them available on their website in the past; I bought my whites 10 years ago and also have metallic peach and lavender earrings + a silver pink strand from 2012/2013. But I think lately they have only been featured on the livestreams, unless they only post on the website when they have a big enough batch of products?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results