shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band pointer question

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to replicate Vespergirl's incredible 1.68 eternity band. I asked for 2.8mm width and 2.2mm height off finger with 8 pointers. One quote came back and they said if I use 8 pointers the width would be 2.7mm. How is that possible when Vespergirl's is 2.8 with 8s?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A link to Vespergirls ring might help (or might not) but it would at least give us a visual so we know what you're talking about.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to be weird, because its totally valid to want exactitude, but 2.7 vs 2.8mm is so small its almost impossible to even measure let alone see!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
A link to Vespergirls ring might help (or might not) but it would at least give us a visual so we know what you're talking about.

Hi there. Here is the link:

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Not to be weird, because its totally valid to want exactitude, but 2.7 vs 2.8mm is so small its almost impossible to even measure let alone see!

Oh I know. But her stones are 8 pointers and this designer is using 9 to get to 2.8mm, and I'm just confused how that's possible based on the measurements.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I know. But her stones are 8 pointers and this designer is using 9 to get to 2.8mm, and I'm just confused how that's possible based on the measurements.

Mysterious!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This chart I found might help. It looks like 8 pointers are about 2.75, and if an 11 pointer is 3 I would guess a 9 pointer is like 2.8ish... but I suspect it is very difficult to really calibrate these tiny stones so closely, certainly not to the 100th mm. Maybe different producers advertise their melee sizes differently. Like one might say 8 points is 2.7 another might say its 2.75. So my guess is just inter-producer variation. I doubt that the difference would be visible between 8 vs 9 pointers, or 2.7 vs 2.8mm, but the larger size might feel slightly fuller, visually?

1714781368413.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say that just because they are 8 points doesn't mean they are the exact dimensions so there could be differences.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results