shape
carat
color
clarity

Final CADs from David Klass for my first adventure :)

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
I want to thank everyone for their suggestions for my new rings--to recap, I'm a long time lurker with my first leap into the world of LGD and creating rings. I was given great advice here and bought a pre-owned 4.13 RB stone that had been vetted by Kim N and DejaWiz as a replacement for my 28 year old engagement ring for my milestone birthday this year. I was also pointed to David Klass, who has been just wonderful to work with.

Here we are at what I think are the last CADs--in the various iterations we widened the shaft on the ER, added some stones to the basket, and will add my three kids and my husband's birthstones hidden in the shank. The basket will also have milgrain.

For the wedding band, we spent quite a bit of time trying to balance durability without making the ring so wide (by channel setting the outer stones). On our last version-see below-David suggested making the prongs sturdier to give me more of that pave' look but able to handle daily wear and tear--I didn't want to go with smaller stones and channel setting. We are now back down to 6mm.

I do see where the under basket stone may hit the band, but not sure how to resolve this.--or really how big of a deal this will be.

Any other suggestions, thoughts or questions I should ask? I have a plastic/wax one of it coming in the mail.

Last question--I am doing this in platinum, but I see gold listed there--is that the prongs, etc? Or do I need to clarify with David to do all platinum (Unless he needs to make the prongs something stronger.)?

Thanks for all your help!

DK 102407-QUAD-6 (1).png

concun

Shiny_Rock
I don’t think the basket stones will hit the band. I have similar style and the basket stones are set high in real life but to be sure, pls tell David your concern and he will make slight adjustment accordingly.
14k/18k/plat are listed in all his CAD regardless of your choice. I guess he put it there just in case customers go back and forth and he knows how much material is needed to make that style.
I think your 2.4 + 6 is comfortable to wear. I notice that the bottom of e-ring is getting tapper. Is that what you want? Or is it because of the donut that causes it?

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
I don’t think the basket stones will hit the band. I have similar style and the basket stones are set high in real life but to be sure, pls tell David your concern and he will make slight adjustment accordingly.
14k/18k/plat are listed in all his CAD regardless of your choice. I guess he put it there just in case customers go back and forth and he knows how much material is needed to make that style.
I think your 2.4 + 6 is comfortable to wear. I notice that the bottom of e-ring is getting tapper. Is that what you want? Or is it because of the donut that causes it?

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments! My current (old-lol) E Ring is slightly tapered, so I thought it may be more comfortable since I am going to an overall slightly wider width--but that was something I was going to check with the wax/plastic model. Do you think I should eliminate the taper?

concun

Shiny_Rock
Taper is personal preference so leave it there if you would like to. if the bottom is 2.4, what is the width of the top? If you stay with 3mm or less, you are fine. Like others said, make your ring at least .25 bigger than your finger size given it is thick band. My wedding band fits my right hand finger (0.5 size bigger than left one) just in case I want to wear it as such. Since it is worn inside the e-ring, it won’t fall off ;(

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Clarify everything!

To me, seems like the prongs of your main stone are 14k. The prongs of your band’s larger stones are 18k, and the smallest stones are platinum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results