shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender spinel

Well, now that she's family, you need to give her a name.

I've never named one of my gems before, but it delights me when others do.
1074.gif
How about Violet Pearegarde? Get it. lol

"Violet, you're turning Violet, Violet!"

Captureredawre.JPG

@Autumn in New England -

Congratulations! I LOVE it! What a beauty she is! Do you have any setting ideas for your new ViP*?

*Viotel Pearregarde / Very important Pear

:bigsmile:

snicker.gif
Thank you! So Inken typically only works with her own gems, because she is quite busy and I'm sure wants to make certain those who purchase her stones are taken care of first. But she has generously offered to set it, and we do have a design in mind. The interesting part is I think we're going to try to work in a couple of small purple FCDs. So we shall see.
thum12.gif

P.S. Inken also has an amazing... and I mean AMAZING... 10ct. untreated, certified lavender sapphire for sale, if anyone is interested. It is not yet listed, but is TDF and I wish it were mine. The end.

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
snicker.gif
Thank you! So Inken typically only works with her own gems, because she is quite busy and I'm sure wants to make certain those who purchase her stones are taken care of first. But she has generously offered to set it, and we do have a design in mind. The interesting part is I think we're going to try to work in a couple of small purple FCDs. So we shall see.
thum12.gif

P.S. Inken also has an amazing... and I mean AMAZING... 10ct. untreated, certified lavender sapphire for sale, if anyone is interested. It is not yet listed, but is TDF and I wish it were mine. The end.

Purple FCDs sounds amazing.

Been dying to share this tiny chip of a purple FCD with a pure intense purple color grading somewhere. I think its the only one I've seen of this color grading. Though I think the much more affordable pinkish purples would compliment your spinel better luckily.

Last edited:

Been dying to share this tiny chip of a purple FCD with a pure intense purple color grading somewhere. I think its the only one I've seen of this color grading. Though I think the much more affordable pinkish purples would compliment your spinel better luckily.

Wow... that's... incredible. :shock:

Yeah, these will look nothing like that. lol Here's a pic of the parcel.

14896423.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did end up buying a stone... let me describe my desperation level. I wired $10k (we negotiated for weeks down from a $13k starting price) to a vendor in Vietnam I'd never dealt with before. How's that for s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶i̶t̶y̶ trust? It's the sort of thing I would fervently caution newbies against. Do as I say, not as I do.
lectureemoti.gif
Anyway, it came with a Guild report, but I will recertify out of an abundance of caution.

The specs:

~3.37ct.
~13.40 x 7.36 x 4.71mm
~Almost loupe clean
~Luc Yen origin

My appraisal:

~Indoors... pure purple base with pink flashes... zero gray.
~Outdoors... she shifts to a truer violet-lavender... color remains crisp.
~The native cut leaves something to be desired. She has a couple of open facets at the base of the keel/culet. And as with most pears (especially elongated ones), she has a bit of a bow-tie and tilt window. If she were precision cut or even had a really high-quality native cut, she'd be ideal (IMO).

Final grade:

~Cut is a 7/10 as native cuts go.
~Color is a 9/10 for this material.
~Clarity is a 10/10 for this material.

Capturerdaw (1).jpg

Capturevtrz (1).jpg

im so sorry i missed this
what a stunning colour

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would be at this point that I'd start rummaging through the kitchen cabinets for the aluminum foil. :lol:

The window is tiny, it wouldn't bother me. Such a tiny window is usually unnoticeable even on skin, you have to hold the stone up to look through it or place it on black background to see it.

The bowtie is... would it be weird to say it has an attractive shape? I wonder what being surrounded by reflective material might do for its colour. It doesn't need much to look perfect, to be honest.

i think durring the Victorian period some quite liked the bowtie look

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock

Sorry for this thread jack but I think its worth pointing this out in case anyone is looking into buying from this seller. Especially since I linked them, some people may check out the store because of me.

They changed the image of the stone and it is completely different. It is clear that the original image, which showed an insane purple color, was a placeholder image that was not even attempting to be accurate at all.

Here is a 'before and after'.

1 (4).png 1 (3).png

Its very hard to find images of any intense or vivid purple diamonds. Here is one that GIA photographed and graded vivid purple, from the GIA site. I'm not sure the fake image's color is even possible in purple diamonds if this is a vivid purple.

113017.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for this thread jack but I think its worth pointing this out in case anyone is looking into buying from this seller. Especially since I linked them, some people may check out the store because of me.

They changed the image of the stone and it is completely different. It is clear that the original image, which showed an insane purple color, was a placeholder image that was not even attempting to be accurate at all.

Here is a 'before and after'.

1 (4).png 1 (3).png

Its very hard to find images of any intense or vivid purple diamonds. Here is one that GIA photographed and graded vivid purple, from the GIA site. I'm not sure the fake image's color is even possible in purple diamonds if this is a vivid purple.

113017.jpg

Thank you for the update!

What will you do with two tiny stones??? I need to know!

lol This is what we came up with for the design... so the FCDs will be set in the flower accents. I feel like after you sit with a stone for a while, the right look will come to you. And I think this one perfectly suits Miss Violet Pearegarde. :lol: I must admit, I'm rather excited about this project.

It would have looked boss to have all purple FCDs in the design, but they were $30k+/ct. :snooty: So the halo will be white diamonds, of course. And we're doing 4 claw prongs instead of the v-prong.

Capture78918052125478.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol This is what we came up with for the design... so the FCDs will be set in the flower accents. I feel like after you sit with a stone for a while, the right look will come to you. And I think this one perfectly suits Miss Violet Pearegarde. :lol: I must admit, I'm rather excited about this project.

It would have looked boss to have all purple FCDs in the design, but they were $30k+/ct. :snooty: So the halo will be white diamonds, of course. And we're doing 4 claw prongs instead of the v-prong.

Capture78918052125478.jpg

I’m watching the new season of Bridgerton (no spoilers I’m only on episode 3) and the style and colors of this ring exactly reflect the fashion aesthetic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results