shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some feedback on clouds…RB, H, VS1 excellent cut…

cinnamon49

Rough_Rock
I am going to see this diamond this week-my biggest concern is the cloud in the center. It is supposed to rain so I won’t have much natural light but this is the only time I can go see the diamond. Do you think this will be obvious in natural light? I’ve read that clouds in a lower clarity/cut are concerning but not sure if this will be. Any input/suggestions are appreciated!

Attachments

• 2.20 H VS1 Round Brilliant.pdf
    612.4 KB · Views: 119

cinnamon49

Rough_Rock
Sorry about that…here is a screen shot:
IMG_6360.png

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The clarity comments worry me, and the cut? I'm lousy with RBs but we have some experts here, @lovedogs? @dreamerdachsie?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a VS1, they might not be problematic but would need images to judge.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something about the cut is bugging me. The clouds shouldn't be an issue in this high of clarity.

cinnamon49

Rough_Rock
Something about the cut is bugging me. The clouds shouldn't be an issue in this high of clarity.

I’m a complete novice here. I was under the impression if it was graded an excellent cut, it would be the best I could get. The parameters I had researched within our price range were no lower than H,VS1, excellent cut and no fluorescence. This seemed to fit everything. Can you please expand on what you mean is bugging you?

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a complete novice here. I was under the impression if it was graded an excellent cut, it would be the best I could get. The parameters I had researched within our price range were no lower than H,VS1, excellent cut and no fluorescence. This seemed to fit everything. Can you please expand on what you mean is bugging you?

The labs tend to have wider acceptance for cut grades than what most PSers prefer due to potential for light leakage.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry, unfortunately ex cut doesn't guarantee anything. It's a very wide category that often allows stones most of us wouldn't accept.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers on the report are fine--there's just something about how the cut isn't precise that's bothering me. What's your color, clarity, size, and budget preferences?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut precision isn't good. The pavilion is unevenly cut, so there will be areas of darkness under the table.

cinnamon49

Rough_Rock
The numbers on the report are fine--there's just something about how the cut isn't precise that's bothering me. What's your color, clarity, size, and budget preferences?

Thank you for your responses! We are looking at H or better, VS1 or better, 2 carats or more and not above 25k. Every where I’ve looked puts me in the H VS1 2-2.25 range. I’m really just looking for a RB that looks white and is eye-clean.

cinnamon49

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input! Much appreciated!

cinnamon49

Rough_Rock
Quick update (and another stone). Saw the original one I needed to see yesterday but there is a stone they just got in from an estate sale that was shown to me. I do not have a video but have the certificate (attached). This stone is eye-clean (put my cheaters on to view!) - the inclusions were all white. Thoughts on this one?

Attachments

• GIA ESTATE 2.22 G SI2.pdf
    544.9 KB · Views: 1

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to look at it in all different kinds of lighting and make sure the twinning wisp are not causing a clarity issue.
The numbers are good enough in my book...may not work for a true stickler though.

Without up-close videos, though you can't really rely on anything we tell you. We just dont have enough info in this situation.

There should also be a big cost difference between this stone and the others you have been looking at.
Note the GIA report is from 2012. Have you checked to make sure that nothing has happened to the stone in the past 12 years?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results