shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for Custom tiara frame

Diamonds n Dirt

Rough_Rock
my husband gave me a diamond necklace for our wedding 20+ yrs ago and I would like to have a tiara frame made. I am having a hard time finding someone who can make it for me so any recommendations would be appreciated!
Thanks Jen

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful idea
where do you live ?
i am sure there would be jewellers around that could do this

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pic It doesn't have large diamonds but I love the idea of having a convertible necklace / tiara to hand down or have the girls in our family wear it on their wedding day as something borrowed.
thanks!!
Diamond Necklace.jpeg

That would truly make a beautiful wedding tiara! My only concern would be if it ends up being too long? Not only would you need a tiara frame, you might need a way to detach end sections. Many convertible tiaras have sections that come off the end that turn into bracelets, or the two ends are put together to make a short necklace.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You have a lovely piece and I'm sure it would make a nice tiara for you and the girls in your family to wear on special occasions (or doing groceries).
Can you share some specs, like how long and tall it is, do the pendants swing left and right? Is the necklace flexible? Are you willing to make alterations to it in the process (like @LadyMaria suggested, the side pieces might have to be made detachable)?

Depending on the above, a simple frame like this should do the trick and shouldn't be too difficult for a skilled jewellery to craft.

Have you considered a plated base metal? After all, you wouldn't want to spend too much on the frame.

Diamonds n Dirt

Rough_Rock
You have a lovely piece and I'm sure it would make a nice tiara for you and the girls in your family to wear on special occasions (or doing groceries).
Can you share some specs, like how long and tall it is, do the pendants swing left and right? Is the necklace flexible? Are you willing to make alterations to it in the process (like @LadyMaria suggested, the side pieces might have to be made detachable)?

Depending on the above, a simple frame like this should do the trick and shouldn't be too difficult for a skilled jewellery to craft.

Have you considered a plated base metal? After all, you wouldn't want to spend too much on the frame.

Great point made by you and @LadyMaria. I had not thought about the length at all.
The necklace is flexible at the end of each scallop and the pendants do swing left to right. It is approximately 17” in length

Thanks so much for your replies!

Diamonds n Dirt

Rough_Rock
IMG_7496.jpeg
Here are additional pics showing back of necklace

Attachments

• IMG_7495.jpeg
    IMG_7495.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7494.jpeg
    IMG_7494.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 4

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much! I’m in TX and cannot find anyone locally willing to even look at it.

dont give up
someone is out there with the skill set and more importantly the enthusiam to help you do this

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results